BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gunner
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, so i have just had it to my last nerve with this car :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Got this car nearly 2 months now and unfortunately pulley tensioner collapsed causing belt to slip which ended up blowing expansion tank. After changing a few things to it the car was overheating and engine is now misfiring.
Spark plugs, Ignition coil, fuel rail, disa valve, intake not leaking,injectors,expansion tank, pulley tensioner, wynns valve lifter all changed and it didn't cure the problem.

Either headgasket is gone or there is a sticking valve causing loss of compression.

Every mechanic i am going to are pointing at things i already changed, only thing left is internals, and if it's internals i am not bothered. I would rather break car.

Any last minute suggestions before i start breaking this ????

Thank you

·
Gunner
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you pull the codes ?

How did the chain slipping cause the expansion tank to let go ?
NOT chain i mean the belt which runs the water pump, alternator and power steering pump. "fan belt" in the older cars :-D

Anyway car all stripped cylinder 3 was flooded it was a total mess, should have just gone with changing engine from word go. Wasted time and money in trying to solve.

Just dropped in another engine yesterday and car is running okay now just need to come to terms with overheating, after about 40km or so it starts to overheat on low rpm. Once i drop a gear the gauge drops as well, suspecting weak water pump or i just didn't bleed it well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts