BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out today one of my reversing sensors is on the blink and got a quote of €166 from the stealers for a painted one!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience from some of the suppliers of new but NON oem sensors on ebay in the links below?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-PARKI...4?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item27d24dc2cc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E46-3...7?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item33783ee159

If anyone has used them did they experience any problems or are they a perfect match even if only replacing one or two sensors?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya they are round face and I checked the part numbers from the vin no using bmwminiparts.com and they match so must be a 3 pin that's in the picture on the ebay site?

Just wonder are they as good as the oem parts? Looks like they have sold over 100+ with good feedback to the sellers

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
The dealer can also provide non-painted sensors too for half the price of the painted ones. Are you planningmonngetting them painted afterwards?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I find non OEM sensors to be hit and miss, you could get a good second hand unit for 25 quid on ebay.

Reactions: garyj

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer can also provide non-painted sensors too for half the price of the painted ones. Are you planningmonngetting them painted afterwards?
Ya il have to get them painted anyways! The mechanic I got to check the sensors said a quick DIY spray would be fine...not too sure myself though id be too fussy ha

I find non OEM sensors to be hit and miss, you could get a good second hand unit for 25 quid on ebay.
Ya that's what I was worried about but thought they might be more reliable than a second hand sensor if they're known to give trouble over time! Could be oem yet :confused2:

·
E46 320d Sport
47 Posts
Yeah I brought one of those senors off the fella in the first link. Done the job fine, still working today five months on no bother.

One thing to watch out for is these sensors as far as I know, are part of the CAN bus on the E46.
The outer two senors are following a different program to that of the inner two, therefore if you purchase an inner sensor it will not be recognised if it is fitted to an outer connector on bumper and vice versa.

I think this was only on the later model, I cant remember, I had this issue on mine though (Built NOV 2003)

·
In the HAUS
3,523 Posts
User jwmpayne is selling PDC sensors via adverts.ie
I got a good used one from him.

Buy a used one then get an aerosol made up in your colour. You'll have change out of €50 for a celebratory beer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts