BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2004 e46 320d.
Been driving fine but last night while driving on the motor way I noticed that when accelerating and moving through the gears the car seems to not acceleration momentarily at 80kph and then again at 100kph. I can plant my foot to the floor but its takes maybe 3 seconds and then I get a lot of speed all of a sudden.

I worried that something is about to fail. I have already put a new inlet manifold on the car last year to not have swirl flaps fall into the engine. Just as a precaution. My worst fear is that its the turbo on the way out which means $$$.

Has anyone else has similar problems ?
Car drives fine most of the time.

Cheers,
Jack.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2004 e46 320d.
Been driving fine but last night while driving on the motor way I noticed that when accelerating and moving through the gears the car seems to not acceleration momentarily at 80kph and then again at 100kph. I can plant my foot to the floor but its takes maybe 3 seconds and then I get a lot of speed all of a sudden.

I worried that something is about to fail. I have already put a new inlet manifold on the car last year to not have swirl flaps fall into the engine. Just as a precaution. My worst fear is that its the turbo on the way out which means $$$.

Has anyone else has similar problems ?
Car drives fine most of the time.

Cheers,
Jack.
Hi mate,i know it's been a couple of years since you've had this problem but i was wondering if you've solved the problem, In my case when the engine is hot the acceleration becomes slower and when I'm changing the gears on the motorway the acceleration is blocked for 2 seconds on 2000rpm(ex)....any idea?,thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts