BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I've looked through most of the internet and tried to find a fix to this but can't! Basically I have the common problem of the "beep" and the dsc + amber handbrake light coming on! I've cleaned the wheel speed sensor and had the codes read one of the codes was for the rear right sensor and the other was for a lack of voltage? Haven't got the exact codes handy though, so I've cleaned that numerous times and replaced it with a used wheel speed sensor! It could come on and then after 5 minutes of driving I turn off and on the car and it's gone! I'm going to check the battery tomorrow but anyone any ideas? After I disconnect and reconnect the sensor it tends to go out for maybe a day! Really appreciate any help as my heads wrecked trying to figure this out!!

·
e60Member
89 Posts
Right I've looked through most of the internet and tried to find a fix to this but can't! Basically I have the common problem of the "beep" and the dsc + amber handbrake light coming on! I've cleaned the wheel speed sensor and had the codes read one of the codes was for the rear right sensor and the other was for a lack of voltage? Haven't got the exact codes handy though, so I've cleaned that numerous times and replaced it with a used wheel speed sensor! It could come on and then after 5 minutes of driving I turn off and on the car and it's gone! I'm going to check the battery tomorrow but anyone any ideas? After I disconnect and reconnect the sensor it tends to go out for maybe a day! Really appreciate any help as my heads wrecked trying to figure this out!!

Check your break fluid first, top up if needed

·
Lone Star
272 Posts
Dsc pressure sensor

Have the very same experience. Turned out its a faulty
DSC pressure sensor. Have it diagnose first and let us know.
BTW got my sensors at partsgateway.co.uk for cheap. Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked the fluid and its full lights stay on even when the floats held up checked the battery today all good!! Is the pressure sensir under the master cylinder under the bonnet?

·
Lone Star
272 Posts
Yes, I think there are 2 dsc pressure sensors there.
one was faulty.I Have the same signs and symptoms
as you have mentioned with errors that were diagnosed
by an autologic equipment. Indy qouted me 165e
for the sensor so went to the link mentioned above
and got 2 for 25pounds delivered. Just make sure
errors will be cleared after replacing the dsc pressure
sensor. Should there be an update kindly let us know.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do! Going away on holidays soon so planning on giving it to my father to get it sorted with an indy while im gone! Will tell him to source the parts himself as to cut cost so may use that site!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm having the same problem.

I thought it might be my alternator because the car was starting to struggle to turn. i'm starting to think now that it isn't because I got the alternator refurbished and the lights are still on.

Did you experience symptoms of a dying battery as well for your DSC sensor?

·
Registered
51 Posts
first thing to do is check your battery voltage. running it should read about 14.1V and at rest it should be between 12.4V and 12.6V. Ive heard of resetting the battery leads on the terminals solve alot of problems. you can check it using the dash too if you dont have a multimeter. a quick google will show you how to test it with dash.

·
Registered
153 Posts
first thing to do is check your battery voltage. running it should read about 14.1V and at rest it should be between 12.4V and 12.6V. Ive heard of resetting the battery leads on the terminals solve alot of problems. you can check it using the dash too if you dont have a multimeter. a quick google will show you how to test it with dash.

Thanks for the tip. I got out to the car at lunchtime and was able to test the voltage. It's reading as it should for both idling and running.

I was hoping it wouldn't so as to narrow it down for me. Lights are still on this morning. One thing I think I notice (might just be dreaming this) but the heater in the car isn't half as good as it used to be. This morning I had it right up to 32 which usually boils the car but it was just warm. I thought this might be because of a lack of voltage in the battery but now that I know that's alright I'm back to square one again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts