BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed that the indicator wasn't flashing on the osr led cluster.... on further investigation it appears that it is working but so dim it's almost invisible. This now applies to all the lights in the cluster!

The brake light looks like the nsr taillight and taillight is almost invisible!

There's a wild pile of sealed boxes behind the carpet, anyone experienced this before? I've not had LED light before so I don't want to go rooting around completely blind!!

Cheers

JB

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doesn't appear to have leaked; no mist/fogging or puddles

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I'm not sure if this is good or bad news.....

A little Saturday morning investigation has yielded two extra pieces of information

1. the lights are aftermarket (eagle eyes)
2. the light itself is fine.... I switched it over to the ns and all functions worked perfectly!

Couldn't see any obvious wiring issues, but there are three blocks in there that could be faulty....

Anyone had any experience with these?

cheers

johnny

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a little further research shows it may be the LCM....

quick question, in most of the threads there's plenty of chat about re flashing at it being coded to your VIN etc for mileage....

my question is; can I plug and play with an alternative one just to check and see if that's the issue? ignoring mileage warnings etc?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
side-lights, rear tail-lights are flicking too and OSR is very dim but flickers away and eventually works properly but all starts again when you use the brake lights. Indicators are working fine.

Haven't swapped the cluster to the opposite side yet though but reckon my problem is probably due to the lights as they are aftermarket too

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a little farther exploration revealed the source of the issue and some googling finds its quite common, certainly in the US, just need to find a european source for a replacement part

this resistor/pcb block goes bad....

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
small comfort, shipping a replacement from the U.S. is not cheap!! may whip out the soldering iron!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
small comfort, shipping a replacement from the U.S. is not cheap!! may whip out the soldering iron!!!
Hello. sorry for pulling up this old post. i have a 330i e46 in UK and have had exact same problem. its certainly this resistor on one side that has gone bad but only the indicator leds have stopped working. What did you do in the end? did you buy a new replacement for this?> if so from where pleasE?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts