BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering would there b much hassle in fitting a front set of e46 m3 brakes which would consist of hubs,discs and calipers to an e46 320d. Do I even need the hubs or would I just need the calipers and disc and will they fit under a 16 inch alloy wit an offset of 10. Wat would I expect to pay for dis set up or am I just wasting my money nd would I b better off wit maybe a set of drilled nd grooved discs wit quality pads and a set of braided brake hoses. All comments nd opinions welcome please

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't need or want M3 brakes for that m8

Please don't be one of those boy racer types!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm a Car enthusiast now I'm over 30 pal hahaha. But just toying wit the idea until he told me the price. Mister auto is doin a deal on bosch discs nd pads at the moment. €203 landed to the door for front and rear discs nd pads. Any idea wat there like. Nd please don't jinks me wit stuff anymore after last time please?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And besides... standard M3 brakes are sh!te anyway :p
They'd surely have no chance of stopping a "re-mapped" 320d :biggrin1:[/QUOTE

They would surely stop a 320d remapped for economy once I get a wk off from pumping money into it that is to b able afforded to do it?. Would ya have any info on Bosch discs nd pads Dave by any chance. Good deal in mister auto at the moment

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm a Car enthusiast now I'm over 30 pal hahaha. But just toying wit the idea until he told me the price. Mister auto is doin a deal on bosch discs nd pads at the moment. €203 landed to the door for front and rear discs nd pads. Any idea wat there like. Nd please don't jinks me wit stuff anymore after last time please?
Jinx you?? What did I do??
Bosch are fine. They're rarely made in Germany anymore but they're grand.
My preference for those is Textar pads and the new heat treated disks. But they're expensive-ish and rather difficult to get.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jinx you?? What did I do??
Bosch are fine. They're rarely made in Germany anymore but they're grand.
My preference for those is Textar pads and the new heat treated disks. But they're expensive-ish and rather difficult to get.

Just a bit of banter a few months ago nd since then new engine,Altenator,clutch flywheel engine mounts and a few other bits went in the car nd had to b changed. Only messin wit the jinx bit I was caught wit a lemon nd I suppose my own fault. But all sorted now nd enjoying the Bmw ownership again. Roll on fittin my deep dish 16's I'll b happy once I make those fit

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts