BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi looking for a strut brace and a m oil cap for a e46 m3. Also anyone know where a good place to get wishbones for e46 m3.
Cheers

·
The rasp is addictive!!
2,713 Posts
Hi looking for a strut brace and a m oil cap for a e46 m3. Also anyone know where a good place to get wishbones for e46 m3.
Cheers
mister auto.ie for wishbones, dealer for strut brace unless you can find one for sale but i reckon they will be rare enough

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mister auto.ie for wishbones, dealer for strut brace unless you can find one for sale but i reckon they will be rare enough
Cheers schooner, was lookin at mister auto i need a nearside wishbone. On the the site the passenger wishbone looks more like the divers and viseversa is it that they have listed for left hand drive??. Just want to make sure i order the correct part.

Also anyone know if the wishbone joint could come loose when driving??.

Cheers

·
The rasp is addictive!!
2,713 Posts
Cheers schooner, was lookin at mister auto i need a nearside wishbone. On the the site the passenger wishbone looks more like the divers and viseversa is it that they have listed for left hand drive??. Just want to make sure i order the correct part.

Also anyone know if the wishbone joint could come loose when driving??.

Cheers
Yea they are listed in terms of left hand drive. These should really be replaced in pairs. I know it's expensive but it will accelerate the wear on the other side. I have a good drivers side wishbone if its any use. (I know I just contradicted myself ) You need passenger side?

Yes the ball joint can give while driving.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea they are listed in terms of left hand drive. These should really be replaced in pairs. I know it's expensive but it will accelerate the wear on the other side. I have a good drivers side wishbone if its any use. (I know I just contradicted myself ) You need passenger side?

Yes the ball joint can give while driving.
Nice one. Ya i need passenger side id say i wont get it till weds by now with new years and all. The drivers seems fine no play. The passenger side hit a nasty fuckin pothole. Seen your valve adjustment mate fair play thats next on my list after this wishbone.
Did you feel like the caliper was stuck when ur wishbone was gone??

·
The rasp is addictive!!
2,713 Posts
Nice one. Ya i need passenger side id say i wont get it till weds by now with new years and all. The drivers seems fine no play. The passenger side hit a nasty fuckin pothole. Seen your valve adjustment mate fair play thats next on my list after this wishbone.
Did you feel like the caliper was stuck when ur wishbone was gone??
Didn't notice anything to be honest. I had the car jacked up and decided to wiggle the wheel and there was lots of play in the ball joint closest to the wheel.
I'm surprised I noticed nothing but you should feel it the steering. I suppose it could mimic a sticky caliper.

Yea the valve adjustment was tedious lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts