BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
< 2002 e46 320d se
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone have a 2005 520d e60 with severe power loss. Feels like not boosting and no power over 3000rpm. Have Carly diagnosed and came up with glow plug controller so changed controller and plugs cleared fault but no difference. Faults that are coming up now are the following.

Particulate filter system 00480A
Boost pressure control, control deviation 004530
Particulate filter system 00481A
Exhaust back pressure sensor 004D00

Have ran dpf diagnostics and soot is at a mad 66g. Tried to force regen but too no avail (above 50mph above 2000rpm)

Anyone shed some light here? Would a steam clean of dpf filter help or should a regen clear the soot? Thanks in advance ?

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
To force the DPF to regen, you need to repeatedly clear the error codes every couple of seconds until the regeneration process has cleared enough of the soot for it to continue by itself. Are your thermostats ok and car is getting up to temperature?

·
< 2002 e46 320d se
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes temps were coming up good but since I have removed the dpf and got it pressure washed but made no difference too power or soot levels.
I have noticed now I am not getting a reading for exhaust temp would this stop a regen yeah?
I just have also just seen these pics showing the dpf before the flex down pipe and the another pic showing “dpf filter” after also? Have I washed wrong one or do both need done? I have washed one with the flex?

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
The DPF is the one in your first attached pic. If the glow plugs and controller are good, and no other errors, it should regen once up to temperature. If it's very blocked the regen will kick in but stop again straight away because the errors are logged again. That's why you have to keep clearing the errors as you're driving. It could take 5 mins of driving while constantly clearing the errors (clear errors every couple of seconds) to get it to start a proper regen to kick off. A full regen will take about 15-20mins or so driving at 80km/h or more. It will only regen as long as there are no DPF related errors stored.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
forced regeneration , must be no faults , or at least not related with sensors . coolant temperature over 87 degrees I think , and must be driven. not to be only over 50mph or over 2000 rpm, its best to get some harder driving ,and after just steady motorway driving , computer should be plugged in and must get an eye to see if it starts or no, and once it starts keep driving at speed it likes, some cars about 50mph, some over 60 mph .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts