BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
E90/E53
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove a friends car this week and hit the stoppers at 150mph on a private track and got nothing ,No bite from the OE pad which I'm told by Conlons is Brembo,

What are people using in an aftermarket pad and how would you rate them?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Thought you were selling parts from the thread title! :)

Your experience surprises me as I have always found the 535ds standard braking performance to be one of it's strong suits. Where did you end up if the car didn't slow from 150mph?

·
E90/E53
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought you were selling parts from the thread title! :)

Your experience surprises me as I have always found the 535ds standard braking performance to be one of it's strong suits. Where did you end up if the car didn't slow from 150mph?
Just went straight by the turn I wanted to take,Very much not content with the OE pad that's in it.

·
The rasp is addictive!!
2,713 Posts
Ye but how often you going to be doing 150. How do they fair out say 100?

Performance friction are a good bet have them in the m3 and they are great

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'd also like to know where abouts this cool private track is where you can get it up to 150mph in the first place. :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Drove a friends car this week and hit the stoppers at 150mph on a private track and got nothing ,No bite from the OE pad which I'm told by Conlons is Brembo,

What are people using in an aftermarket pad and how would you rate them?
I thought the OE pads and discs for the 535d were made by ATE. That's what I have in my car and were supplied as OEM from Otto's. They stop fine for me but I haven't tested from 150mph yet :eek:

The EBC range of pads may be better for track use but the harder pads could eat well into your discs during a track day. OEM discs on a 535d are not cheap - fronts are same spec as the M5. May also be worth looking at braided brake lines. I have Kef lines fitted. They don't make much difference in everyday driving though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts