BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can't give you exact figures but roughly:
DMF at 120,000 km
Turbo at 140,000 km

Had goodwill of 75% on DMF parts, and 100% on Turbo parts. Labour was extra.

Car serviced by main dealer all it's life under service inclusive (condition based service). Looking at other comments regarding oil change frequency and possible damage to turbos it makes you wonder :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
520d

How much mileage are people really doing? With the costs in seeing here you'd want to be driving in your sleep to clock up enough miles to save money!

This whole thread all I see is €2k here €4k here and €6k once. What the hell is t that people can justify paying so much extra for a diesel car and incurring such hideous fuel bills.
Surely a 523i would be a better proposition if you want reasonable power and running costs?

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Can't give you exact figures but roughly:
DMF at 120,000 km
Turbo at 140,000 km

Had goodwill of 75% on DMF parts, and 100% on Turbo parts. Labour was extra.

Car serviced by main dealer all it's life under service inclusive (condition based service). Looking at other comments regarding oil change frequency and possible damage to turbos it makes you wonder :rolleyes:
It sure does, after seeing first hand how bad the oil and filter was on my car it is disgraceful that they continue to push out the service intervals!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I hope you can give me some advice. I'm thinking of buying a 2008 BMW automatic 520d estate, it has 210k miles on it. What's your advice, views, concerns, etc? It's in Ireland and what value would you put on it?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts