BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father has a 2005 E60 and recently it has started playing up when he locks the doors.
He presses the lock button on the fob and it works fine, but when he presses the unlock button, it will not open the doors. The thing is, when he presses the unlock button, you can still hear a solenoid or something clicking and it's almost like it's about to open, but it just doesn't seem to have the strength and seems very lazy or laboured.

Due to this, I had so far ruled out the battery in the fob, as surely if it can lock it each time without fail, it should open it also? I was also thinking perhaps its a fuse issue, but the fact I can hear the solenoid attempting to operate makes me think that it is getting power and therefore it's not a fuse issue either?

He then opens it with the key, and that works fine and opens all doors, but the alarm goes off until he puts the key into the ignition.

I've tried Google, and searched on here, and while there are lots of issues arising around door locking etc, none of them seem to resemble what is happening here. Just wondering if anybody here has the same or similar issue and how they sorted it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Posting a reply here in case somebody else has same issue.

It turned out that one time he hit the unlock button on the fob and the car was already open, that it actually locked the car, so immediately it became clear that both the lock and unlock button were sending a lack signal to the car.

Opened up the fob and sure enough, one of the microswitches had become detached from the board and was needed to be soldered back on. Once this was done, stuck the key back together again and all is back working perfect

·
Registered
212 Posts
Posting a reply here in case somebody else has same issue.

It turned out that one time he hit the unlock button on the fob and the car was already open, that it actually locked the car, so immediately it became clear that both the lock and unlock button were sending a lack signal to the car.

Opened up the fob and sure enough, one of the microswitches had become detached from the board and was needed to be soldered back on. Once this was done, stuck the key back together again and all is back working perfect
Good find - did you have to saw / cut the sealed key? That is always a mixed feeling time - how did you stick it back? I usually use 2 part epoxy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts