BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching for lots of different things here related to this, but none have thrown up a full answer to my question.

My father has a 05 E60 523i and the engine management light has come on and is staying on. It starts fine, ticks over fine and drives fine.

I was telling him that I thought it might be related to lambda sensor?
From what I can gather there are actually 4 on this car! Is that correct?
If it is a lambda sensor I assume he will have to have the car checked on diag meter or how will he know which one. Also, could it be anything else such as MAF etc?

·
Site Sponsor
1,966 Posts
Tried searching for lots of different things here related to this, but none have thrown up a full answer to my question.

My father has a 05 E60 523i and the engine management light has come on and is staying on. It starts fine, ticks over fine and drives fine.

I was telling him that I thought it might be related to lambda sensor?
From what I can gather there are actually 4 on this car! Is that correct?
If it is a lambda sensor I assume he will have to have the car checked on diag meter or how will he know which one. Also, could it be anything else such as MAF etc?
Could be anything engine/emission related realy. O2 sensors, MAF, Injectors, coils and plugs, VVTI unit and so on. Absolut no way in pinpointing this without a proper diag.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts