BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post so go easy on me ;)

Im sure that this is a much discussed topic but in my search of the forums I am only getting results from pre 2015.

I bought a 08 520d in the summer. A solid car and I was well aware to check for timing chain noise. The car did need a bit of work but I was assured (and there was a receipt there) for a timing chain replacement 20k miles previous. In hindsight it was something I could have made myself but oh well!

The fan belt was absolutely knackered on the car and this was making a squeaky noise which disguised a subtle clicking from the chain.
It’s hasn’t really gotten any worse but I’d still like to see what the most cost efficient means of getting this replaced would be.

I’ve gotten quotes of 1300-1600 (realistically nearly half the value of the car) and then I’m seeing ads on Donedeal for 750.

anyone please advise? Thanks in advance! I’m based in Dublin but in mayo often.

·
Registered
683 Posts
This is a lonely place around here lately. I don’t have a number. But if you anyone in cong or cross. Co. Mayo. There’s a guy around there called Jimmy hession. Supposed to be a great guy doing these. Or if you were ever in limerick city direction. Ben O Brien would put you right. Look up him up on fb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts