BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

E61 halo light problem

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  UikosAkol 
#1 ·
Hi guys.
Looking for some Help as I'm at my wit's end.
A previous owner had fitted led lights for the halos. They worked fine for a long time but then the driver's side went faulty. I changed for a new one with no joy. I discovered a pin in the one I took out was loose and I've repaired it. It'll work on the passenger side but not the driver's side. I've checked for voltage and getting nothing. I used tool32 to check to see if it had locked out any circuits but it's showing all circuits as ok. The eyebrow light is working so and I've checked all fuses and connections to no avail. Has anyone come across this before or know a fix?

#3 · (Edited)
I feel your problem, I had the same problem last year with those damn bulbs, I contacted the dealer and my car service. The dealer tried to fix the problem, but it ended up being a huge bill and I refused to pay. They didn't even fix the underlying problem WTF. The guy at the local car service suggested I look for other bulbs. I ended up finding that the native bulbs for this particular model, in my opinion, are not very good. You should look for a reliable replacement. If your system has 12v voltage, I would suggest you look for decent headlights at vont.com. I hope this information helps you solve your problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.