BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's things, hope you all had a great Christmas. I had a deadly one myself!

So driving down the n4 day before Christmas dropped from 6th - 4th to pick up a bit of power, car dies and wouldn't start, I get it towed to my local garage ends up being a blocked dpf.

I get that sorted as I took it out for a spin I heard a scrapping noise from the chain. (Chain had been rattly the odd time) due to tower trying to jump it and start it may have caused the chain to completely feck itself up.

The engine is pulled out the car now, Mechanic found a broken crankshaft bearing and has done damage to the head and reckons engines worthless now and new engine job is on the cards.

Looking for advise what's the best thing to do before I go lashing load a money on it ? If the engines brown bread. Where can I find a decent second hand ? Looking to be put in the right direction.

Any help be appreciated ?

E90 320d M-Sport

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
have good second hand engine , with new head gasket , valve seals,all 3 new chains and sliders fitted,new tensioners, oil nozzle , back crank seal,chain cover gasket , rocker cover new gasket, ready to fit in , PM for more info

1 - 2 of 2 Posts