1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My Car e90 2006,320i
Problem warning lights: check engine light on
Limp mode. Diagnostic showed : 2A67 Valvetronic Power limitation servo motor,and 2A6B Valvetronic internal fault.
Deleted all codes , after 2 weeks engine light on.
Deleted again ,after few days came back ,now I can delete code but come back, when the engine cold can drive as normal , but when I switch off the engine and start again goes in limp mode, after 4-5h cooling off can drive car as normal before.
Tested servo motor with multi metre shows me 3-4 ohms.
Really dunno what to do, change eccentric shaft sensor or valvetronic servo motor?.
Eccentric shaft sensor seems OK , can not see any oil leaks or something like that , maby something internally.
Any other suggestion for this fault codes. ?
Somebody had same problem ?

·
cleaned out
2,783 Posts
Probably the valvetronic unit itself at fault .. Did you check the chain... Fillings from the chain damage the units try taking them out and cleaning gem with brake cleaner

I've second hand units if you want to try them

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
cleaned out
2,783 Posts
4 and 5 are the actual vanos and ud need timing tool in the front. Of the block there's two valve tronic units they.ll pull straight out and clean them and put back in

Been honest I'd lift rocker and check the chain and see if the top guide is broke between the 2 units

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4 and 5 are the actual vanos and ud need timing tool in the front. Of the block there's two valve tronic units they.ll pull straight out and clean them and put back in

Been honest I'd lift rocker and check the chain and see if the top guide is broke between the 2 units
Alright you meen nr.-1 in pic

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=VA72&mospid=48481&btnr=11_3296&hg=11&fg=15

I cleaned already,and did not help me.Then i replaced with second hand unit .Did not help ,replace nr-4 sensor also.

My rocket head cover is open now. I will check any damages to it ,tonite. But seems ok

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem with vanos/valvetronic system 2a67

Hi niks, I have the same problem with my car, and my car has the same symptoms that your car had. Did you manage to find out what was causing the fault on your car?

Regards

Gary

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
My Car e90 2006,320i
Problem warning lights: check engine light on
Limp mode. Diagnostic showed : 2A67 Valvetronic Power limitation servo motor,and 2A6B Valvetronic internal fault.
Deleted all codes , after 2 weeks engine light on.
Deleted again ,after few days came back ,now I can delete code but come back, when the engine cold can drive as normal , but when I switch off the engine and start again goes in limp mode, after 4-5h cooling off can drive car as normal before.
Tested servo motor with multi metre shows me 3-4 ohms.
Really dunno what to do, change eccentric shaft sensor or valvetronic servo motor?.
Eccentric shaft sensor seems OK , can not see any oil leaks or something like that , maby something internally.
Any other suggestion for this fault codes. ?
Somebody had same problem ?
Hi
I have the same problem with my car.
Did you find out what it was?
Regards Pierre

1 - 7 of 7 Posts