BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I recently sold my e46 and bought a e90 m-sport.

I just fitted a set of 20mm spacers to the rear and thought everything was fine until I was on the motorway today doing 70 mph and I realised my rear wheels were vibrating.

The spacers fit perfectly on the hub,however the lip does not slide perfectly into the wheels, I put on the longer bolts supplied and tightened them until the wheels sat flush with the hub/spacer.

After doing a bit of reading it seems the wheel is not balanced perfectly with the spacer, any ideas to fix this.

I was thinking of getting the diameter of the inner lip on the spacer, ie the lip that sits into the wheel reduced slightly with a laid.

·
You can't drive money
442 Posts
I had to take my 20mm H&Rs off cos they were causing tyre rubbing :( Can't understand why it wudnt b balanced if everything was flush and it was balanced properly beforehand? :confused:

·
///M
968 Posts
Ur after widening ur track.. Could be a slight imbalance in the wheels and just never noticed before de spacers were fitted.. I'd get the wheels balanced and laser wheel alignment done(tracking) and take it from there see if that does anything:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I must admit I have not driven the car without them on the motorway yet so I will do that this morning and revert back, I bought them from a reputable seller on eBay for about 80 euro. I did not torque the bolts when I put them on so I will do that also!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts