1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've done this a few times. It's dependent on what head unit you have (RAD2) but it's pointless without upgrading speakers.
==
A dealer cannot do this no matter what you pay them! ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done this a few times. It's dependent on what head unit you have (RAD2) but it's pointless without upgrading speakers.
==
A dealer cannot do this no matter what you pay them! ;)
Thanks for your reply. This looks like my head unit: http://www.dynavinstore.com/Productimgs/DVN-E8X-D99/1seriesdash.jpg

I'm definitely upgrading the speakers (actually done already, but looking to DSP/EQ and amp).

OK after recoding is there anything else to be done, or are all the wires the same except they're low level signal only?

Cheers

·
Registered
539 Posts
That's a simple RAD2
I've never rewired them but basically the original coding 'stifles' the quality.
Recoding allows the 'full quality' of the audio out but can blow the OE speakers. If you're going for a proper setup you sometimes have to do a little rewiring - I've only ever been called in for the coding, it can be complicated sometimes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi BavarianCare, I need your help, need to recode my HU to get rid of high pass for rear spakers. I've just replaced them to herz and faced with awfull sound.

HU is from alpine 2007, I guess that could be recoded...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts