BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EBC Brakes are pleased to offer members a 15% discount, from RRP, on all EBC products listed on their web site and also free Parcel Force 48 shipping, mainland UK.

To avail of the discount, please use the following unique promotional code. Once you have finished adding parts to the cart, and are viewing the cart contents enter: 29BMW8790

Website is http://www.EBCBrakesDirect.com

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Not really into bikes... have a Yamaha TDR for getting in and out of work... traffic has me cracking up so decided on the bike. Thank God I haven't bent it or me yet but there have been PLENTY of near misses. Nearly all of them curtosey of people not bothering their back ends to look!! Brakes aren't the best on it so want to get that sorted.... hence new pads!!! happy days.

She's a bit of a beast to go..... good downhill stretch flat out I'll get the full 67mph out of her ;)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
New pads arrived this morning for car & bike... green stuff. Happy days.... now anyone know of anywhere doing a special on brembo disks ?? :)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Yep... counts for shipping & parts....

Shipping: 28.31
Shipping Discount: -8.63
Order Discount: -24.91
Net Total: 160.79

Happy with that....

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Sweet... working out well.... I got the pads through them for the car and bike.... collecting the bremo's tomorrow off gsf get them fitted over the summer at some stage.

·
Registered
807 Posts
hey guys

I'm doing soem brake overhauling on my 86 e30 325 sport, the pedal is a bit soft at the moment

new braided hoses
new fluid, properly bled
new pads

but are these green stuff pads worth the extra on a day to day basis, I get the less dust thing, but surely less dust = less braking until they are warm, so will they squeel and annoy the neighbours, will they be useless until warm, we live in Ireland not Arabia?

any advice/experiences welcome

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you're thinking of tracking the car at any stage, I'd go fo rthe green stuff. They're designed as a fast road pad according to EBC, but they don't take an eternity to heat up.

I bought the standard pads from EBC for my E30 325i...am sure they'll be more than capable.

·
Registered
807 Posts
thats what I'm thinking, sure if it means replacing pads after a track session (which for me wouldnt be balls out) tehn its still cheaper, especially if they are gonna be useless for 10 miles every morning or squeel.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts