BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked this up privately in November 2011 to replace a written off E92 320i. Been posting on and off around here since then so thought about time I got some pics up. :)

Production date: 2008-01-02
Date of first registration: 28/03/2008
Engine: N53
Engine Size: 3.0L

Spec:

• Automatic
  • Black Sapphire Metallic
  • Dakota Cream/Beige Leather
  • 19" M double spoke 225 Alloys
  • M Sports suspension
  • M Aerodynamics package
  • High gloss shadow line
  • M leather steering wheel + shift-paddle + multifunction
  • Sports seat
  • Seat adjustment, electric, with memory
  • Seat heating driver/passenger
  • Interior mirror with automatic-dip
  • Interior mouldings aluminium glacier-silver
  • Sun Protection Glass
  • Headlining anthracite
  • Park Distance Control (PDC), rear
  • Rain sensor
  • Automatic air conditioning
  • Cruise control with brake function
  • Kilometre speedo
  • Radio BMW Professional
  • Preparation f mobile phone w Bluetooth
  • Provisions for BMW 6 CD changer
  • USB/audio interface
  • Automatic locking when driving away
  • Headlight cleaning system
  • Fog lights
  • Xenon Lights
  • Smoker package

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
M-Power Reg Surrounds Fitted

So my new M-Power Reg surrounds arrived today courtesy of Dave @ CDi to replace the existing surrounds.

Unfortunately the existing reg plate had just been screwed on, so the holes are visible. :( New standard metal plate set ordered from eireplates to replace them.

Also, I had not really paid much attention to the fact the front already had a plate holder, even with the existing surrounds, it was only when fitting it struck me. :eek: I'm on the fence as to how much is bothers me or not, now that the penny has dropped. :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bye bye runflats

Replaced these runflats today:

Front: BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE050A 225/35R19 88Y
Rear: BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE050A 255/30R19 91Y

With a set of Kumho's courtesy of John from The Garage Dunboyne. John fitted and balanced them and I am booked in with Conor in Scully's on Thursday for a 4 wheel laser alignment. Also due to pick-up a space saver wheel kit from Murphy & Gunn Thursday.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Then at last got to give this whole snow foam stuff a try, courtesy of the group buy from the Detailing Shed. Thanks again Chris/Dave my son loved it, so we had to do it twice cos he wanted to. ;)

Pics are of my first attempt which was the learning stage, car was completely white next time around but forgot to grab some snaps. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just picked up the space saver kit today from Ken in M&G seen as the runflats went last week. Had to come from Germany so with the long weekend took a bit longer than expected. A few pics of the contents of the box. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
its ridiculous that you have to drive around with that in the boot(wheel well doesn't exist i presume) is the option available when buying new to not have runflats ?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its ridiculous that you have to drive around with that in the boot(wheel well doesn't exist i presume) is the option available when buying new to not have runflats ?
Yeah no wheel well, don't ever recall seeing a purchase option to remove runflats based on prior E92's, however they do support you doing it. Its a bummer for sure but actually not as bad as I expected.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Yeah no wheel well, don't ever recall seeing a purchase option to remove runflats based on prior E92's, however they do support you doing it. Its a bummer for sure but actually not as bad as I expected.
id rather have that set up you have than runflats also, shame the wheel well is filled

anyway nice car :)

·
Formally Jurrrr
3,327 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts