would you recommend the pro kit over it....opinion seems to be divided on em

thanks

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
its for a 318ci e46

would you recommend the pro kit over it....opinion seems to be divided on em

thanks
Purely a personal view, but i'd go with a Pro Kit. Gives a really nice drop and rides well.

Some of the lads here have posted pics before with the Pro Kit, maybe have a look and see what you think.

·
325i Sport
5,880 Posts
Do they do a Prokit for a 535 or similar? I have read online that most people with E34 M5's use Eiback pro kits suited to a 535 etc....
Pretty sure from a quick google search, that the Eibach part number for the
Pro Kit for the 535 is 2013.140

Apologies if this is wrong.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hmmmmm.....judging from this listing on the Eibach website i think id prefer the lower stance achieved by the Sportline Kit rather than the Pro Kit:

PRO-KIT PERFORMANCE FEDERN
Model Pro-Kit
535 I 01.1988 - 09.1995
E2013-140
Front 25-35 mm
Rear 20-30 mm

SPORTLINE SPORTFAHRWERKSFEDERN
Model Sportline
535 I 01.1988 - 09.1995
E20-20-003-01-22
Front 45-50 mm
Rear 30 mm

Whats the price difference if any between the two kits?

Cheers,
Ian.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what the price difference is between the kits but the Sportline is a bit cheaper (less spring).

The thing is that as the Pro-Kit only drops the car by 30mm front and back you can install it without changing the standard shocks but with the Sportline dropping the front by 45-50mm I'm pretty sure you'll have to replace the shocks with ones to suit.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what the price difference is between the kits but the Sportline is a bit cheaper (less spring).

The thing is that as the Pro-Kit only drops the car by 30mm front and back you can install it without changing the standard shocks but with the Sportline dropping the front by 45-50mm I'm pretty sure you'll have to replace the shocks with ones to suit.
Hmmmm.....I would be very tempted by the lower stance of the Sportlines, unless someone has a picture of a M5 running the Prokit to guage from? I dont want to get the Prokit and after fitment realise its not the perfect stance....especially when the Sportlines could potentially be pefection! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts