BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was some mention about this on Saturday. As before, for an order of 4 theres a 20% discount available on Eisenmann systems.

If you're interested, stick your name down.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Can someone please tell me how much it would cost for a system for the e39? I can't figure out what I need!

Current: BMW E39 520i 2.0 SE Black 69k to infinity!

Still Technically Dyslexic!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For yours you have the choice of three -

2 * 70mm (same as mine) - €672.80 full price , €538.24 with the group buy
2 * 76mm (Same as Richies) - €714.56 full price, €571.64 with the group buy
4 * 76mm (M5 style) - €1061.40 full price, €853.92 with the group buy

They all include VAT at 17.5%

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Ohhh go for the M5 style... we can be buddies. Why is mine so much more if the M5 style one is so cheap?:(

Rogue OCTANE SSK + WSR, Rogue Tranny Mounts, CCFL Angel Eyes, Custom Aluminium Pedals, Stoptech Stage 1 Upgrade, Active Autowerke CAI

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Because the M5 Style share's the one back box and the real M5 has two

·
Registered
363 Posts
The M5 means I'd have to cut my back bumper and splitter, so I think I'll avoid that!

Ken - do you have pics of yours and Richies on the cars? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
FYI ..regarding eisenmann fittings for the E39 or M5 , please note that we offer two versons of pipe spacing for the quad systems , one version to fit the M5 and Sport bumper , the other spaced to fit the "normal " rear bumpers . If you have the sport rear bumper , it is a straightforward matter to make the cust outs to accept the quad pipes , or you can justreplace the black plastic section with an M5 one .

regards
roy

FORUM SPONSOR

·
Registered
363 Posts
Much appreciated, Roy. Haven't been on in a while, hence the slow response (December is a crazy month for me!)
I have an ACS rear splitter to go on, so I'm going to avoid the quad. The splitter has a space for an exhaust, though.

Except for the 6mm, what's the difference between yours and Richies, Ken (swaying toward the 70mm, marginally more subtle one!!!)

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No other difference as far as I'm aware - Richies is the race option, mine is sports - which is as loud as I'd want, if not actually slightly louder than I'd really like.

6bhp increase dyno'd a a few weeks ago, which is super from a backbox only

·
Registered
363 Posts
What was the increase from the race version? Although I think that yours would be loud enough! Getting enough Garda attention at the moment as it is! :(

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the race is 4db louder than mine, and mine is 4db louder than stock - I also think that the size of your engine has a good bit to do with it - cos I think mine is louder than Richies for some reason?? Could be my over active imagination though.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Funny,mine is louder now since it's bedded in. Quite like it. The Mrs says she can hear me arriving outside her house everytime I turn up. I haven't heard it from the outside since it came down off the ramp. I need someone to drive it with me outside to get an idea.

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Well if the port tunnel opens this year (not) then you could really hear your exhaust especially at night when traffic would be light

·
Registered
363 Posts
Much as I'd love the M5 style, I'll go with the 70mm dual pipe like Kens - I don't need the extra noise that Richies makes! At least it'll fill the gap in the rear splitter (or is that diffuser - what's the difference?)

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Fey go for the 76mm Race as you need it with that nice ACS Kit you know it makes sence fellow Schnitzer

·
Registered
363 Posts
But I live in a nice, quiet suberb! Plus, getting too much unwanted Garda attention recently; got pulled New Years night for no apparent reason - didn't mind being stopped, as I was glad to see them out and about, but got a lot of attitude over pulling in when they flashed the blues behind me, which ended up with me eventually getting thick back. I guess I'll be seeing that Garda in my rear-view again (and again, and again....!)
(to clarify, I was stopped at a red light when they flashed the blues and, as I felt it was safe to do so, I pulled forward and into a layby immediatly beyond the red light (for anyone who knows Galway, it was at the Fire Station coming from Wolfe Tone) as I thought that they had to go to an emergency call. They pulled in behind my and read me the rite act for running the red light.....)

·
Registered
9 Posts
good day gents and a belated happy new year to all of you ;)

Just a quick one to say that the quad systems actually produce overall the same volume of sound as the twin exits .

This is because the noise volume is actually down to the engine itself , so if you have 4 pipes , efectively you are just splitting the available volume 4 ways rather than 2 . In fact from some angles and distances the quad can actually seem slightly quieter . Go figure :)

Hope this helps

FORUM SPONSOR

1 - 20 of 107 Posts