BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'd say if you get them few bits done you should be sorted.Strip anything thats not being used out of it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So I got my exedy clutch fitted last night.the clutch that came out of it was genuine honda part and was completly gone.While I was at it I got a type r integra flywheel from a friend of mine it's 14lbs weight which is a nice saving over the standard one so that's on aswell.Ive also got my seats fitted which was I taught was the last of it.But on a bit of a test drive this morning I did this to my drive shaft.So I got on the phone and ordered 2 hasport drive shafts which should be plenty good enough I'm promised I'll have them Tuesday morning.All else fails I'll have to use a second hand one.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No def not welded.I must just be a hard driver.Have to say its my first time doing that to a drive shaft.The hasport ones are surposed to be stronger and there 2 times the price of some of the cheaper brands so I'm hoping there going to put up with a bit of stick.Wasent expecting to have to buy these now but better to break one at work than above in mondello.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Picked up a few more bits last night.got the rad fitted today but I'm not going to use the manifold as it a b18c manifold it's hanging down too low.the shafts are just to have as spares I also picked up a apexi vtec controller.roll on Friday

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I'd my first track day out with this Friday.Had a brilliant day out with it the car went perfect all day I dident have to touch it.I was def lacking a bit of power compaired to some of the other cars but as for handling and brakes they worked perfect.I fitted my hasport shafts and I've also just picked up a type r LSD gearbox I'm not to sure on the ratio of it yet I'm told its a 4.7 but I'll wait to open it to find out for def so I'll fit that over the next few weeks.looking forward to the next day out.As for the lack of power problem I think I'll wait till this engine gives up the up and the. Fit a type r engine.

·
Ronin
8,708 Posts
So I'd my first track day out with this Friday.Had a brilliant day out with it the car went perfect all day I dident have to touch it.I was def lacking a bit of power compaired to some of the other cars but as for handling and brakes they worked perfect.I fitted my hasport shafts and I've also just picked up a type r LSD gearbox I'm not to sure on the ratio of it yet I'm told its a 4.7 but I'll wait to open it to find out for def so I'll fit that over the next few weeks.looking forward to the next day out.As for the lack of power problem I think I'll wait till this engine gives up the up and the. Fit a type r engine.
Nice one mike.. I seem to be missing this thread don't know why... What tyre pressure were you running??

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Was good to meet you on Friday and the car looked well out there!
Hi Leo thanks it was a great day.you def got the value out of it you were still going at 5.30 in the wet.hopefully Bmw driver might be able to sort out a track day this year.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
No dident time anyone of them.but a friend that came with me put a gopro camera on the bonnet so there should be some times with that but I haven't seen it yet.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Got my type r gearbox opened today.Its not the 4.7 ratio I taught it was.But it is a Type r s80 4.4 LSD ratio box in perfect condition.So the plan now is to get a new 4.7 final drive kit for it from either mfactory or gear x.Ill price them both and then see what I'll do the plan is to do a few more days with the car the way it is to get the hang of it and then I'll start changing bits.Ive also just booked the car in for the next mondello open day on the 17th of this month so I'm looking forward to it.The car was 100% reliable the last day so I've nothing to do to it for the next day.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I was out with this again today in mondello.Some interesting driving and characters there.The car ran perfect all day i dident have to touch it.I Also got my lap times down.the last day I was doing times of around 2.10 to 2.13 min when I got a bit of clear track.Today I have a good few laps in the mid 2.06 min and my best time today was a 2.05.503 min.so I'm pretty happy with that for a little 1.6.Ive ordered a 4.7 gear x final drive kit so I should have it late this week.I'll have that in the type r box for the next day I'm out.I might try and get out again next month.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm still waiting for my final drive kit so I got bored and got another few bits.ive fitted a set of aerocatch bonnet pins and today I fitted a itg carbon air box.have to say there both quality bits of kit.im also collecting a 4 branch manifold and hopefully a itr throttle body with a set of ctr cams the weekend. I've a set of poly engine mounts ordered to stiffen it up a small bit.ill be out again on the May bank holiday weekend so I'm looking forward to see what the new gearbox and diff all the other little mods do.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So my 4.7 fd came last week and it's being fitted to the s80 LSD box this week.the type r cams still haven't turned up yet.He tells me I'll have them after the weekend.But I have collected a set of type r double valve springs and retainers that I got for free.Ive also collected the type r throttle body.I was going to buy a spare b16a2 engine that has a fully rebuilt head,new water pump and timing belt kit and fit the type r cams and other bits into it so I'd still have a spare complete engine and gearbox.So I might collect that next week and do the gearbox and engine together.I should have it out for the May bank holiday weekend.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Collected my gearbox and my itr throttle body today.so I've the old box out this evening and I'll get the s80 LSD box in for tommorow sometime.ill fit the poly engine and gearbox inserts now aswell while the box is out.ill carry it for a bit of a test over the weekend to make sure it alright.roll on the bank holiday weekend.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hi Bart yea the type r one is bigger ive also got the type r inlet manifold aswell but I'm going to leave that till I put in the type r cams and valve springs.ill be getting a neptune ecu later on in the year to make the most of all the mods.

·
I hate having no car :(
1,732 Posts
If you don't have one already. Get a lightened flywheel. Vtec engines respond really well to them. I had an exedy one in my ek9 and it was rev happy the fucker flew into vtec in every gear. I miss it :(

21 - 40 of 51 Posts