BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about getting a list of possible events for the year done up - and getting people to suggest ideas...then we could possible come up with dates?

Definites so far

Remapping day with Autoremap.com
Rolling Road Day at Westward Engineering

Possible?

Isle of Man trip (looking expensive due to the extra day needed over there!)

Anyone else have any ideas? Something like the Antrim or Galway trip would be good.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I don't remember that....all I remember is you scoring that black haired one the next morning...oh I happen to have a pic of her....what a bitch she was.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking we could do Galway towards the backend of the year - maybe August / September - weather will still be decent. Would be a bit expensive getting the cars remapped and then having to pay for a weekend away within a few weeks of each other.

The remapping day will cost between €250 and €300 depending on numbers (either way thats about €600 cheaper than otehr remaps) so as soon as we get a date for that, we can sort a date for the Rolling Road day.

Would the weekend of March 4th suit people for the remaps, or near this date? (need to confirm with Martin and Jay when they're available too!) We could then do the rolling road on Saturday 1st April - if available, that'd be either €50 or €60 depending on numbers.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
You're right, forgot about all the money I'll need to spend this year!!

4th March sounds good for the re-map,

Rich.

richie_rvf

·
Registered
363 Posts
Galway 2 will happen - I was supposed to organise it a couple of months ago, but got bogged down with work! Need to book accomadation well in advance - same place again???

Remap - I'm interested, but I'll only have Sundays off until the end of March. Then I have exams in April, and I'm off to China for 9 days in May (first holiday in 2 years!).

Current: BMW E39 520i 2.0 SE Black 69k to infinity!

Still Technically Dyslexic!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Same accomodation would be cool - especially cool if you can organise those spanish girls for my room again :D

Would you be able to make it for Sunday March 5th???

·
Registered
363 Posts
March 5 sounds good; but only if it suits EVERYONE else! Don't want to be the cause of someone else not getting it done!

·
Registered
363 Posts
One of my friends (Digweed) has recently switched from an e39 to an A4 Td(red)i. Would he be OK to come and do the remap with us?

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to add - I've been in touch with some magazines to see about getting coverage for the event. So we'll have to hide the Audi around the corner while the photos are being done, if they are being done!! :D

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's looking likely (fingers crossed) that we will have a major UK magazine at this event now. There are only 3 confirmed interests though, including myself. Does the date really not suit people? Thought there would have been more interest?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts