BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My E60 has consistently given me the high battery discharge message over the years
IBS cable was pinpointed as likely culprit so was disconnected but the problem still persisted. Getting into the car in the morning it is a lottery as to whether car will start or not.
Tonight I was changing trims on car when I got around to the mask Unit I had the ac/heating unit loose and noticed that with no key in the ignition and the radio with no power cables connected that whenever I opened/closed a door or turned on the interior light the fan behind the unit immediately started whirring and continued doing this for 2/3 minutes before switching off. Same thing happened with all cables reconnected to the mask unit.

Could this be the source of my high battery discharge and coming out to a flat battery in the morning? Or is this normal? If not normal what's the likely cause of this? Is the unit faulty or is it something else

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dropped the kids to school this morning short 10 minute drive. Turned ignition off and took key out ignition fan still whizzing around. Decided to see if it would stop about 15 minutes later it stopped, opened the door to get out comfort lights come on and yes the fan starts off again :shocked::confused2:

Has anybody else experienced this? Is this normal?

The air conditioning and heating work fine

·
Registered
252 Posts
spike

the e 46 has a thing hey call a hedgehog, it can turn on and off heater fan with no keys in ignition, runs down battery, its a final stage unit,to give its proper name,look it up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You're lucky that your car starts up. The other day, I decided to fix and clean the air conditioner myself, so I made the situation so much worse that I had to change the compressor and repair the radiator. Then I had to contact the air conditioner cleaning service. Since then, I have never climbed into the car myself to fix anything. Like you said, did you disconnect some wire? Maybe this affects the operation of the battery and the machine as a whole. Talk to more experienced people about this situation. I hope everything will be fine for you :)
___
airconservicingsingapore.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts