BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
E90 320d M Sport
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Car started chugging last night and threw up the EML. Did a diagnostics check and got fault code P1349 which is '' Misfire Cylinder 4 with fuel cut-off '' Think its a result of me unknowingly putting dodgy petrol into it. :mad: Anyway I'm gonna ring my nearest BMW garage in the morning to book the car in as soon as possible. Just wondering if anyone knows a rough price to get said problem fixed? Only got the car back last week after having to get a new key and lock barrels. Feckin' money pit!! :(

Cheers.

Duff.

·
2002 520i M-Sport
694 Posts
Did it throw the error while idleing after a cold start? After a few restarts is it still there?

Could be coils/plugs or (worse) the HVAs sticking on a cold start, but most likely coils, which are VERY easy to replace yourself and can be gotten online for €40-€55

S.

·
Premium Member
3,788 Posts
I'd put money on it being your coils
Agree totally, i'd bet ya it's a coil.

No need to bring it to BMW, any competent independent garage with should be able to diagnose/repair it for you.

·
E90 320d M Sport
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it sorted lads. Was the coils after all. Got it done in my local garage for 80 including parts. Cheers for the help!

Duff.

·
1,938 Posts
Hey guys.

Car started chugging last night and threw up the EML. Did a diagnostics check and got fault code P1349 which is '' Misfire Cylinder 4 with fuel cut-off '' Think its a result of me unknowingly putting dodgy petrol into it. :mad: Anyway I'm gonna ring my nearest BMW garage in the morning to book the car in as soon as possible. Just wondering if anyone knows a rough price to get said problem fixed? Only got the car back last week after having to get a new key and lock barrels. Feckin' money pit!! :(

Cheers.

Duff.
Can i ask were you got the fuel dundalk ???

·
Registered
33 Posts
I replaced mine a few months back,did all four to be on the safe side,very simple to do.Someone also told me that not having the exact right plugs can cause the coils to go also.Worked out about €300

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys.

Cheers.

Duff.

Please read as I had exact same problem like for like with same diagnosis codes and situation. Very strange. All I need to do is now find the culprit by taking head off but cba. Pissed of really as I spent a bit of money finding leaks only to get to this stage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts