BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So ive decided to map my auto 2005 525d, it just doesnt have enough pep in its step for me! So i called mapper this eve, and he said im better off removing dpf before mapping it, now theres no dpf faults in ecu, so i wasnt going to, but he said itll make a good difference and help with mpg, so will i gut it yes? No? Any opinion appreciated! Also is the dpf the box right after turbo? With the two sensors? Or is it the one further back the exhaust, im confused as to which is dpf and which is cat.

Now next question is im changing the glowplug relay at the weekend, and i have a set of inlet manifold blanks here for swirl flaps, should i fit them? I dont want to loose too much low down torque, but again guy mapping it said blank them first and can adjust the loss in torque with map, any opinions appreciated!!

·
///M
967 Posts
Car without a DPF will fail an NCT in the near future if it came with one from factory.. A remap alone will make a fair difference..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ill leave the dpf there and just gut it? I was under the impression that the whole dpf/nct craic was only going to be in 08 cars on taxed by emissions?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought DPF's could be mapped out as opposed to completely gutting them?
U need to do both, need to get the regen turned off, im going to gut it, talkin to friend in nct he sed to gut it, an dont cut it open , as theyve been told to fail any that look like theyve been cut open and gutted and rewelded back together

·
///M
967 Posts
Ill leave the dpf there and just gut it? I was under the impression that the whole dpf/nct craic was only going to be in 08 cars on taxed by emissions?
Alls an nct tester has to do is test the temperature before dpf and after dpf if both readings are the same they'll know its gutted.. which as far as I know is what there going to be doing soon. Nothing wrong with mapping the car with over 100k once its been looked after... mapped my Auto 525d with just over 90K miles on it at the time and its got 125k on it now no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alls an nct tester has to do is test the temperature before dpf and after dpf if both readings are the same they'll know its gutted.. which as far as I know is what there going to be doing soon. Nothing wrong with mapping the car with over 100k once its been looked after... mapped my Auto 525d with just over 90K miles on it at the time and its got 125k on it now no issues whatsoever.
Was talking to a guy in nct they have no intention of doing that, just a visual tesy theyve been told!

·
2007 LCI E60 535d MSport
4,722 Posts
Guy on boards.ie failed his NCT this week because there was no DPF in the car, a 2006 Opel Zafira. Not sure if they do a visual check for the DPF or do some sort of test to ensure its working.

Edit - just seen your post above mine now, so visual only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts