BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
(formerly Orientblaue36)
1,711 Posts
LeoWicklow and I have just restored a Fiat X1/9 like the black one in the 3rd last pic..
This one:

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that Ferrari 412 driving through Naas back in the day

Great pics btw, cheers for sharing

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
A few memories in those photo's alright.

Crosbie's on Lad Lane (mews lane just off Leeson St Bridge and running down to Baggot St near the Bank of Ireland HQ) was a bit of an aladdin's cave of tasty cars.

The 89D412 Ferrari I remember from back in the day when it was new, seem to remember a TVR with a close number also, 89D390.

The Mondial softtop - is that in Kenilworth Motors in Harolds Cross?

The Corvette looks like its at the Bank Of Ireland on College Green

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Cool pic, thanks for sticking them up. Now to put on my anorack :D

The 930 Turbo 930 XZD was owned by McCoramck McNaughton the CAT people. 89 D 412 the Ferrari 412 is pictured on Aylesbury Road outside Dimplex. Mr Dimplex owned it and has had many over the years currently a 612, a California and a 330 GTS one of 27 in RHD AFAIK. The red Mondial convertible was owned at one stage by O'Buachaille that owns Kenilworth Motors. Was the 308 Ferrari shots taken in the old Des Donnelly place on the Long Mile Road?

I remember stopping quite often drooling in Des Cullens place in Rathmines.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
89 D 412 the Ferrari 412 is pictured on Aylesbury Road outside Dimplex.
I wondered if that was Ailesbury Road alright but the bench put me off, don't think its there anymore.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Correct on the Ailesbury Rd pics. The red Mondial was also owned by the mr Dimplex. There was a 456 sometimes there also.

The 930 pic was out at Braemor motors in Churchtown, they were the Porsche dealer at the time.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
89 D 412 the Ferrari 412 is pictured on Aylesbury Road outside Dimplex. Mr Dimplex owned it and has had many over the years currently a 612, a California and a 330 GTS one of 27 in RHD AFAIK
What colour is the 612 Andy? Only know of 2 in the country, one red and a navy one I saw during this week

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yes Andy, the red 308GTS was for sale in Donnelly's on the Longmile Road. Im open to correction on this but according to the salesman it belonged to Paul Darragh (showjumper) The yellow Aston V8 was owned by Paul McGuinness. I always enjoyed window shopping in Des Cullen's. Theres a centra shop at that location now. (I think)

·
Premium Member
3,788 Posts
Correct on the Ailesbury Rd pics. The red Mondial was also owned by the mr Dimplex. There was a 456 sometimes there also.

The 930 pic was out at Braemor motors in Churchtown, they were the Porsche dealer at the time.
Never heard of Braemor motors, always thought Belgard where the first ever porker dealer in ROI.

Cool pics Mac :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts