BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Am happy to annouce that we're now a recognised club for any owners who are looking to get insurance on a Classic BMW.

Details are as follows:

Info on our scheme is as Follows

Fully comprehensive insurance is available starting at just €245 with First Ireland.

Extra vehicles covered from as little as €62 each.
Drivers must be over 25 years old.
Main policy holder must have a full licence. Vehicle generally has to be over 20 years old, but they will consider 15+.
No commercials.
Golf GTi's, Porsches, etc will have to be referred for consideration.
Mileage options start at 2000 miles, with various options for larger limits (see below).
Extra drivers are free if they are over 28, but must have their own insurance (on other car), except for your partner who need not have
All cars under policy can be used at the one time if required - i.e. 1 policy, 2 cars, 2 drivers, both driving at same time - no problem.
Vehicles of up to 50k value covered.
The vehicle is NOT subject to a roadworthiness test.
Breakdown cover is available for €19.50 extra.
Custom vehicles ARE covered.
European/UK driving is covered for 31 days per year.
Glass cover is provided up to a value of €1000.

Other Sample Prices
For cars up to 1800cc where the Proposers holds a full bonus on his everyday car the 4000 mile premium starts at €265 and 6000 miles €312.
For cars between 1800cc up to 3500cc the premium starts at €255 for 2000 miles and €355 for 6000 miles.
Please note the 70% discount for 2nd cars are valid only when the 2nd car does no more than 4000 miles.

To apply send an email to [email protected] with the following details....

Club membership number
Name
Address
Date of birth
Occupation
Licence type
Bonus details of members main car if you have one
Any claims details
Named drivers details (name, d.o.b, occupation, and licence type)
Year of classic car
Make and model of classic car
Engine size of classic car
Value of classic car

http://new.clubcare.ie/classic_car.asp

·
Registered
268 Posts
I guess i dont qualify as my E30 is a 1991, i only do less than 2000 miles a year and pay nearly 800 euro a year and i could only get a quote from Hibernian. Can anyone do better than that?

·
Registered
526 Posts
@ Beemernut

You should give them a shout anyway, I mentioned the forum to them back in june, they recognised the forum then as a club, and they quoted me classic insurance for my 1993 E36 with some of the options mentioned above by Ken also.

I just decided to go elsewhere as at the time I could only afford to insure the daily driver!

Paddy.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a very reasonable quote on the 323i - so will be going ahead with it!

You'll need your site membership number to fill in your quotation request - you can get this in your user cp screen, or PM me for details.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had a quick look in my User CP and cant find it. If its not too much trouble would you be able to send it to me or else direct me where to find it??
I gave them a quick call today and they will take it on a limited mileage policy for €450 compared to over €1000 in my renewal with my current insurer and its a better policy I am getting now. Thanks again.

·
Your average petrolhead!
179 Posts
Will these guys insure anyone younger then 25? Im 23 with 3years NCB? And ive had a full licence since 17. NCB is only 3 years due to loosing almost a full years NCB when I went to Oz and almost another full year in Oz.:mad: :rolleyes:

I trying to see what options I will have to insure my '94 316 when I stick in the 2.8. Annual mileage will be probably 4000 ish. Do you reckon they could do anything for me?

Or what other options will I have? I want to do everything as above board as I can...

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will these guys insure anyone younger then 25? Im 23 with 3years NCB? And ive had a full licence since 17. NCB is only 3 years due to loosing almost a full years NCB when I went to Oz and almost another full year in Oz.:mad: :rolleyes:

I trying to see what options I will have to insure my '94 316 when I stick in the 2.8. Annual mileage will be probably 4000 ish. Do you reckon they could do anything for me?

Or what other options will I have? I want to do everything as above board as I can...
Try phoning them?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts