BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator - E46 M3
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks - I'm expecting delivery any day now (from MSW) of a supersprint backbox for my M3. I'm half contemplating fitting it myself, done plenty before, but not on a BMW. Can anyone point me in the direction of a howto with photos, of what bolts to undo etc etc ?

'95 M3

·
Administrator - E46 M3
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew you'd ask for pics :) lights are too bright to photo ;)

Ah no seriously - I was wrecked all day yesterday, aches and pains from trying to fit the exhaust. I'll try and take a few snaps tonight - but the car is manky dirty :( Still !

'95 M3

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Am looking forward to seeing the exhaust... and hearing it. The tailpipe design is exactly what I'm looking for too! Still haven't decided whether to go the Eisenmann or Supersprint route, so guess this will be the deciding factor...

·
Administrator - E46 M3
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok pics are seriously crap. and lights are really hard to photo at night, so took a day shot. I'll take proper pics once the car is washed !

'95 M3

·
Administrator - E46 M3
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers folks. I'm delighted how they turned out. Didn't get a chance to ring Joe Duffys today - still need to buy a clamp from them, spent all day chasing f-ing viruses ! what a waste of day.

@Fey - Changing an exhaust is great fun ! its not technically difficult, just heavy. Thats about the 6th exhaust I've changed on a car, using only axle stands/luck/brute force & and of course a set of Teng Tools (I swear by them)

'95 M3

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Brian

@Fey - Changing an exhaust is great fun ! its not technically difficult, just heavy. Thats about the 6th exhaust I've changed on a car, using only axle stands/luck/brute force & and of course a set of Teng Tools (I swear by them)

'95 M3
Don't forget about your helper ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts