BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a 2009 520D M Sport and looking to put German number plates on it.

I'm looking for the best way to put these on the car. I've seen some pics on this site with German plates on cars with no drilling and no frames.

Would be interested to see how this is done because don't really want to drill or use a big frames.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It's on for good then though right? How to you change it for the nct because I thought german plates fail it

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Thanks. It's on for good then though right? How to you change it for the nct because I thought german plates fail it
Mine didn't fail, even when I specifically pointed them out to the tester. I'm just using the surrounds to hold them on. You could also try the double sided sticky spongey tape.

·
coupe dude
1,040 Posts
Double sided tape the thick stuff... rite job. But when you put it on make sure to centre it etc :D

Reactions: ski

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine didn't fail, even when I specifically pointed them out to the tester. I'm just using the surrounds to hold them on. You could also try the double sided sticky spongey tape.
Jez thought they would. Do you have hyphen's and county or yours?

I was just going to go with spaces and no county

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your suggestions on this guys. Gonna look into the double sided tape

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Jez thought they would. Do you have hyphen's and county or yours?

I was just going to go with spaces and no county
I have the dashes & county & the IRL below the EU yellow corona, you're asking fortroubleleaving the dashes out, missing county & D instead of ORL are less noticeable but is it really worth it for grief?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the dashes & county & the IRL below the EU yellow corona, you're asking fortroubleleaving the dashes out, missing county & D instead of ORL are less noticeable but is it really worth it for grief?
Yeah I might just get them alright after reading the grief some people are going through with them. Thanks for that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts