BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a group buy for a v1000gs dash camera. Here is a video review below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4rwMV7hhaY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I have got prices of €108 for a qty of 15. This included the postage to Waterford.

1.Scottfreee3--------PAID
2.MossyHennebry---PAID
3.Niall320d----------PAID
4.Mackers-----------PAID
5.AutoRemap x2-----PAID
6.BMW520D---------PAID
7.Curran-------------PAID
8.xtb4---------------PAID
9.ValdelisBMW------PAID
10.Doyle09----------PAID
11.Ambrose---------PAID
12.Philip Cork-------PAID
13.mcung13---------PAID

Shipping within Ireland - €5

Shipping to the UK- €12

·
2007 LCI E60 535d MSport
4,722 Posts
yeah i have one.
Have it suction mounted to the windscreen up above the rear view mirror.
have the power cord tucked into the headliner and down the A pillar and into the glove box. then i have the glovebox torch power wire that has the ciggy lighter at the end, and i have the cam plugged into that.

Camera powers up when i hit the unlock button and starts recording automatically.
When i get out and lock the car, it keeps recording until the car goes to sleep 15 mins later. Have a 16gb card in it and it just keeps recording and over rights the oldest file first and i have it set to record for 10 mins then start again.

I bought the HD version of this - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/SmartCam-Car-DVR-Camera-Driving-Recorder-Full-Kit-2-0-LCD-UK-SELLER-/200758844751?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2ebe28dd4f slightly more expensive, but video quality is better. Also the fold away screen can be closed up and the camera works away perfect, so it reduces the bulk of the camera there.

have this to power it, which plugs into the glovebox torch outlet :

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have cheap chinese one with 2 cameras. It supposed to be full hd 1080p, but in full hd mode it is just upscaled low def video. Video looks ok at daytime but is useless at night. It has 16gb card inside, in "full hd" mode it lasts about 4 hrs, in low def more than a day. It is wired to k3 terminal r circuit and starts up with ignition and shuts off when ignition is off.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Yeah, as Jason said, GoPros no good for this as they love memory and batteries. Alan_D is the man to ask

·
Registered
237 Posts
You could use a go pro but you would need the skeleton housing to keep the charger plugged in. However the go pro wont loop record which is a necessity.
Best to pick up a cheap one.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump...Alans small camera is nice, but I need something that will record for at least a day. Again the problem I see is having a big camera stick to the window is asking to be robbed. So something smaller would be nice.

If we can agree on one we can try get a group buy going.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had a look at the rest of his reviews. The V1000gs 1080p looks good quality and tidier than most dash camera. They are 120 euro off ebay. I would imagine a group buy would get them near the 100 euro mark based in a qty of 10.

Is there any interest in it? Is it worth starting a list?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Had my Roadhawk going on 2 years now, mounted behind rear view mirror, can't be seen from the drivers seat.

Sample, not my video:

Wired to ignition from the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have a link with a rough price?

Would people prefer a poll with a few models first before I get real prices?

1 - 20 of 298 Posts