281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #281

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well thats five minutes of my life that will never come back :confused:. No accidents or cyclists being knocked down :confused:.
Just a sample clip from the group buy camera, no one mentioned accidents or blood and gore but there's plenty of that on YouTube if you want it.

·
Banned
148 Posts

·
Cruise Control Always On
627 Posts
Cheaper to buy it yourself, group buy didn't work out so well importing from outside the EU.there was import duty added to the total amount ordered, nobodys fault, just we didn't know, so either purchase within the EU at a set price or from China and expect some added cost for duty.

Thanks

·
2003 E39 525i
5,618 Posts
Any chance of another group buy? the one above looks good...
I still havent fitted mine! :eek:

Will probably let it go for the price I paid for it, as I dont think I'll bother fitting it!

Was 108 plus 5 delivery, before import duties - will ship it to you for 115 if you are interested...give me a PM if you are!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry for the thread resurrection but I have to get a dash cam. The v1000gs as posted about by the OP looks pretty good. Some of the guys mentioned that they had them fitted and hid the cables through the roof liner and eventually into the glove box.

Is there anyone on here still that has one and fitted it and hid the cables? If so, was it much hassle to do?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sorry for the thread resurrection but I have to get a dash cam. The v1000gs as posted about by the OP looks pretty good. Some of the guys mentioned that they had them fitted and hid the cables through the roof liner and eventually into the glove box.

Is there anyone on here still that has one and fitted it and hid the cables? If so, was it much hassle to do?
Yes, just push the cable under the head lining and then down the windscreen trim with a plastic trim tool. From there you can access the glove box. No need to remove headliner or trim, just push the cable into the gap.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes, just push the cable under the head lining and then down the windscreen trim with a plastic trim tool. From there you can access the glove box. No need to remove headliner or trim, just push the cable into the gap.

Thanks Ambrose. How does it finish in the glove box? I seen some posts from people about needing an adapter to power it from there.

I wired mine into the rear view mirror. I am delighted with it. With the sound, picture quality they are all good quality and even have some good Mondello clips from it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
What do you mean you wired it into your rear view mirror? Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks again Dave.

Now, all I need is some help in fitting it! :eek: Anyone care to share details on exactly how they fitted theirs? Bear in mind that I'm a rookie :p

·
Registered
274 Posts
It's easy. There are two cables (power and GPS). Position the GPS receiver and work back towards the camera (behind the mirror) by pushing the cable under the trim with a plastic trim tool or a wooden lollipop stick. Lose the spare cable under the headlining near the mirror. Then working from the camera, towards the glovebox, repeat the operation with the power cable. When you get to the bottom of the pillar trim, push the cable into the joint between pillar trim and dash pad, then down the door jam (behind the rubber seal) and into the glove box from underneath.

Make and adapter from a spare glove box torch and you're done.

281 - 298 of 298 Posts