BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Following on from this thread: http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20533

I am now looking for a list of definites to proceed with a group buy on the DICE iPod integration kits before the panic of xmas and busy shipping period. Please note, this group buy is for the DICE kit only, and not any other product listed on the site linked below.

The kits themselves are priced @ £90GBP + shipping if we can get 10 or more orders :cool: and are coming from this company.

If your a definite and can do a cash transfer to my account then please sign up below. As soon as I hit 10, I'll then PM you bank details etc.

1. Ciarán
2. Curran
3. AutoRemap

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ciarán will this still go ahead even if we dont get the numbers?
Hi Martin, without the numbers we don't get the discount I'm afraid.

I have a genuine bmw becker traffic pro in my car, any idea if this will work with it. If it will I'd be on for this.
If you give them a shout on the link above, they're really quick to respond. I wouldn't like to say yes/no

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey, just seeing this now. I've been trying to find out a few things, and because its the weekend and I'm not expecting a reply form the vendor until monday, maybe someone here can help.

1. Does this kit simply plug and play to the back of the radio unit?
2. My car is a 2002 e46, with a business radio (dash fed cd- no changer in the boot), is this unit compatible?
3. Will this unit allow me to control my iphone through the radio controls?
4. I'm guessing that it won't support handsfree on the phone, merely a music player?
5. Installation? I'd be reasonably good DIY-wise, so if I went ahead with this, is it going to cost me another €200 in installation?!?

I'm seriously interested in this order, so if anyone can let me know answers to any or all of these question, maybe someone who has one in their car, I'd appreciate it and will order today if its good.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, just seeing this now. I've been trying to find out a few things, and because its the weekend and I'm not expecting a reply form the vendor until monday, maybe someone here can help.

1. Does this kit simply plug and play to the back of the radio unit?
It emulates your CD Changer, so uses the loom from the CD Changer in your boot

2. My car is a 2002 e46, with a business radio (dash fed cd- no changer in the boot), is this unit compatible?
See above - all is not lost though, your car might still have the loom present where the changer goes in the boot

3. Will this unit allow me to control my iphone through the radio controls?
You can use the MFSW to control the music

4. I'm guessing that it won't support handsfree on the phone, merely a music player?
Yup, its using the audio loom from the CD changer

5. Installation? I'd be reasonably good DIY-wise, so if I went ahead with this, is it going to cost me another €200 in installation?!?
Not at all, hardest part is feeding the cable back up through the cabin, if you want it situated in and around the dash. Most leave it in the boot

I'm seriously interested in this order, so if anyone can let me know answers to any or all of these question, maybe someone who has one in their car, I'd appreciate it and will order today if its good.

Cheers
Steve
Few comments above for you Steve

·
Registered
105 Posts
Cheers,

When is the final date for placing the order? Had a look at the installation instructions on the BSW website and it's definitely doable, but I want to make sure the loom is in the boot before I commit to it. Hopefully I'll get time to have a proper look behind the boot lining early in the week, as per their instructions.

Steve

·
Registered
677 Posts
Cheers,

When is the final date for placing the order? Had a look at the installation instructions on the BSW website and it's definitely doable, but I want to make sure the loom is in the boot before I commit to it. Hopefully I'll get time to have a proper look behind the boot lining early in the week, as per their instructions.

Steve
I have a 2004 saloon with no changer. Also like yourself, I have the Business CD head unit.
I opened the place in the boot where the changer should be, and I definitely have the loom, So I'm sure you have it too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for that, do you mean that you checked in behind the boot lining, as per the PDF instructions on the BSW website? I only ask in case there's a more obvious place to check before I pull the boot apart!

Thanks for your help,
Steve

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thanks for that, do you mean that you checked in behind the boot lining, as per the PDF instructions on the BSW website? I only ask in case there's a more obvious place to check before I pull the boot apart!

Thanks for your help,
Steve
I pulled the lining of the boot where the CD should be. All the leads you need are wrapped up out of the way. Just unwrap and away you go :)

·
Formally Jurrrr
3,327 Posts
Just curious if this is any better than the old DICE units? Going to get one soon - but the intravee still looks miles better? (although a lot more expensive!)
Main difference between the old and new is that you can choose to have th controls via the ipod, the car/ MFSW or both. Thin thats it afaik?

·
Registered
677 Posts
So it still doesn't show track listings on the screen?
Taken from their web site...
It says ID3 tagging and text display.

iPod/iPhone Music Integration
Hands Free Bluetooth Integration
Stereo & Steering Wheel Control
ID3 Tagging & Text Display
5V Charging for iPod/iPhone
AUX Input for other MP3 Players

·
Registered
105 Posts
I still haven't had time to get out to have a nose around in the boot this week, so unfortunately that's me out of it this time. Sorry for timewasting.

Steve

1 - 20 of 23 Posts