BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told this is the best combination into making my 323ci sound like an exotic aston martin when the foot is planted.. :D

Looking for something not "LOUD" on idle, or on throttle.. but something with a deep burble/grunt and what can only be described as feirce on throttle throughout the revs..

GruppeM air intake's are supposedly around 600 euro? that and exhaust system over a grand? then we're talking a remap to get the most out of it... sounds like big bucks just to get the car performing a little better and have a nice note coming from it..

any input or thoughts?

·
Bring Back The Queen!!
4,612 Posts
I have an eisenmann exhaust with a daveF induction kit and it sounds great, just ask anyone here who's heard it:D

GruppeM are closer to a grand( m3 anyway) and are not worth the money. Don B has the simota one and swears by it and it's a lot cheaper for the same job.
Eisenmann is not cheap either your probably looking at over 1000e too and together with a proper remap your looking at 2k for little or no gain.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an eisenmann exhaust with a daveF induction kit and it sounds great, just ask anyone here who's heard it:D

GruppeM are closer to a grand( m3 anyway) and are not worth the money. Don B has the simota one and swears by it and it's a lot cheaper for the same job.
Eisenmann is not cheap either your probably looking at over 1000e too and together with a proper remap your looking at 2k for little or no gain.
Kind of trial and error, everyone seems to swear by Eisenmann's systems.. GruppeM is probably off the books by the sounds of things.

I'm the type of person that would rather listen to the hum of the exhaust note or the sweet sound of the 6pot on throttle (and watching the fuel needle drop:() rather than radio/cd :D

So if a Simota does the job, a simota it could be..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts