BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who was it that said that competition is healthy thing. Maybe they missed school that day

http://www.cruiseirl.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25673

Its unbelievable what has gone on today. It was even said to me on the phone today to fix the price for all tuners or the others tuners in the country would not take it kindly comming in at a third the price.

Where is tony saprano when you need him[:-banghead]

Is this why prices are so high in this rip off country.

Martin Duffy
www.autoremap.com (coming soon)

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Shock horror - trouble with TDP on a forum!!

Seems to be the same hassle with them on every forum - I decided to get them to fit my inlet manifold, after Robbie offered decent advice over on CruiseIrl. He just stopped responding to PM's then when I asked for a price and if he could do the work on a Saturday!

People are just used to paying high prices, when someone cheaper comes in its so easy to brand them as being unreliable or poor quality. Once I get my manifold fitted I'll be getting you to do my car :D

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Ignore it Martin, getting into it will not result in a positive outcome - as per the zone for Jason.
I'm going to get mine done too - new wheels coming first though.

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
oh my word thats just crazy! What I dont understand is that the big guys in the uk can remap a car (custom ) and throw in rr time for a fraction of what is charged here. Ive met Martin he's a nice guy and trying to get his business off the ground, if he offers a service cheaper than the rest and people want to use it thats life, the others need to accept competition and get on with it.

When I was at TD he mentioned something about dont believe the web its full of s**te, now I see why as every thread he seems to get involved in ends up in a verbal slanging. To go running telling tales to try and get people in trouble is damn sly.

Keep up the good work Martin (ps for anyone reading this, I am in no way affiliated to MArtin or Jason (chipeduk) but I know plenty of people who are damn happy with Jay's work and if hees happy with Martin then other people should be aswell)

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Well they threatened to sue my Honda site a while back over what they considered libelous comments, so its a bit rich that they use the very same medium to try and tear down Martins business before its even gotten off the ground.

Someone signed up on boards.ie and replied to Martin's post asking for pictures, simply to point people to the thread above on Cruiseirl... Its a cosy little cartel over here at the moment, the more people who shake things up, the better...

·
Quattro Representative
2,187 Posts
engine tuning is ridiculous over here at the mo, they all want to charge daft money and then claim anyone cheaper is no where near as good as them or worse in Martins case (I think the irish automatically assume if its expensive it has to be good). I dont doubt TDP's work as Ive seen some of their stuff but if they are that good why resort to slagging others off? Thats a bit silly in my mind??
What did they threaten to sue over Kev?

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quote:Originally posted by mikerd4

I dont doubt TDP's work
I have meet Robbie personally and I have to say he seemed a nice lad who knew what he was talking about and I don't for a second doubt his ability.

quote:Originally posted by kdevitt

I hope you have screen captures of the threads - I'd take immediate legal action if I were you, unless a full apology is printed on the sites.
Yeah Ken that was the first thing I did when the thread was closed. It has since been removed from cruiseirl.

Martin Duffy
www.autoremap.com (coming soon)

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Well hopefully everyone can just get down to looking after their own businesses now... the threads will more than likely be cached on google for some time to come - so it'd be worth getting the respective webmasters to request the caches of these pages to be cleared, otherwise the thread may pop up everytime someone searches for autoremap!

·
Premium Member
8,664 Posts
Srcew them is all say they are just used to ripping of people who believe everything they are told and along comes someone like you Martin who is honest and genuine and you show them for what they are Rip Off Merchants and W***ers

·
Administrator - E46 M3
1,834 Posts
boards is good for stuff - just have to keep a level head, and don't be dragged into arguments with silly plonkers, it is the internet after all. Anyone remember the thread telling me my car wasn't an M3, because it didn't have vents on the side....classic :) or the guy telling everyone about the dangers of speeding, when he had boasted before of doing over 100mph on the Belfast road regularly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts