BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
e60Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just noticed in the morning that mine left xenon bulb doesn't work, thought its a bulb itself but when I swapped another side, it worked, so my right side ballast is gone.

So I am thinking in buying a new HID kit, want to order here in Ireland, so maybe you lads know whats the best place to buy them?

·
///M
967 Posts
I bought a set of 4300k hids from fk performance and a pair of matching xenon effect full beam bulbs for around €70 next day delivery (free).
All is spot on

·
e60Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a set of 4300k hids from fk performance and a pair of matching xenon effect full beam bulbs for around €70 next day delivery (free).
All is spot on
Was looking at fk, little bit overpriced I think. Are they canbus? I mean are they error free?

I had 8000k, so thinking to buy 4300k or 6000k

·
Super4 BMW
1,334 Posts
Different brand kits produce different color light, for instance on HID's direct kits 5k is whitest with 6k having a very slight blue hue (what is installed on my car check my thread for color :)). 8k + then becomes a more defined blue and so on. €79 - €89 will sort you out with a decent set of HID's.

Hope this helps,

·
e60Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Different brand kits produce different color light, for instance on HID's direct kits 5k is whitest with 6k having a very slight blue hue (what is installed on my car check my thread for color :)). 8k + then becomes a more defined blue and so on. €79 - €89 will sort you out with a decent set of HID's.

Hope this helps,
I have 8000k bulbs anyway so will try something new, and Id say I will stick to these ones 4300k http://fkperformance.ie/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=74&product_id=472 they cost 55 euros, buy don't really know if they are good quality, what you think do they look cheap?? :confused2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
First time posting here,
But from experience of my own car ( Non bmw :( )
The whitest light you can get is the 5k kit.
I have bought 5 kits from the same company and all worked 100%

Ebay.co.uk
Seller = Londoncolor

The reason I only buy from them is because the use metal based bulbs whereas most other sellers use plastic based bulbs which can and have melted destroying headlamp units.
My son bought a 320ci last Tuesday from here and we will be fitting a set of canbus 5k's to it.
I assume no coding needed with the canbus kit?

·
e60Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
First time posting here,

Ebay.co.uk
Seller = Londoncolor

The reason I only buy from them is because the use metal based bulbs whereas most other sellers use plastic based bulbs which can and have melted destroying headlamp units.
My son bought a 320ci last Tuesday from here and we will be fitting a set of canbus 5k's to it.
No there is no coding needed with canbus.

And the ones you got from the ebay, are they error free? Are they good quality?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
First time posting here,

Ebay.co.uk
Seller = Londoncolor

4300k is the whitest light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts