BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ct 177. Must be in good shape.
Preferably want one with centre decking and winch but will consider both.
Also be interested in a Brian James A-Max.
Thanks.
087 91 222 88

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I've been quoted €5000 incl vat for a new one with centre decking and a winch.
So I wouldn't pass three thousand for a second hand one, well obviously if it was nearly new or a year or two old I would go more.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BJ is a better trailer and you will have one new from the north for 3500 sterling.

2 cents.
You are right.
They are 3000 sterling basic trailer less the vat for the ct177.
I've had two Brian James.
A clubman ( found it very unstable on the road)
TT series 18x7 ( mighty trailer just a little too big)
Those ct177 look a fine trailer.
Anybody any experience with the Brian James auto tilt model.
With the four wheels on the floor.
Look like a stronger clubman.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Iv been hiring an indespenion 16X66 for the last while and i cant fault it, especially when i can drop it back after use and dont need to worry about storage.
Lots to be said for it.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I've towed with the auto tiltbed Brianjames and it's very nice. Trouble is for me though is the load capacity is too low for carrying my offroader so would have needed a TT tri-axle tiltbed if I went for a brianjames.

I'm happy enough with my CT177 though and I got it pretty cheap and it had all led lights.
Its actually not that nice on a bumpy road to tow unloaded due to it having a see-saw effect but it's perfect when loaded. Either way, I'm not too bothered as it's not like it's going to have much of an effect on my towing hack :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've towed with the auto tiltbed Brianjames and it's very nice. Trouble is for me though is the load capacity is too low for carrying my offroader so would have needed a TT tri-axle tiltbed if I went for a brianjames.

I'm happy enough with my CT177 though and I got it pretty cheap and it had all led lights.
Its actually not that nice on a bumpy road to tow unloaded due to it having a see-saw effect but it's perfect when loaded. Either way, I'm not too bothered as it's not like it's going to have much of an effect on my towing hack :D

Will you fit that defender on the ct177 handy enough?
As I mainly carry jeeps.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Yep, would do no problem. Defender is pretty wide at just a little under 7ft but the bed is still wider if you drove over the mud guard ramps. Most jeeps will easily fit on the bed between the mudguards though without needing to drive over them as it's 6'5" between them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, would do no problem. Defender is pretty wide at just a little under 7ft but the bed is still wider if you drove over the mud guard ramps. Most jeeps will easily fit on the bed between the mudguards though without needing to drive over them as it's 6'5" between them.
Great.
Fine trailer.
I'm a farmer Sewell and I use it to carry hay this time of the year.
The e39 m5 will also need to fit on it.
Jenkinson in the north will do one for 4500 with centre deck including vat.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Haven't loaded mine up with hay yet as have a 12ft flatbed that does the job but have it in mind to load up 11 or 14 bales onto it if I'm going delivering a few further away and don't want to take the tractor and trailer :)

Would definitely look into the brianjames TT tilt though too as they might be a better all rounder for you

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hahaha

I know somebody who was given the use of a brand new CT177 last week for touring around Europe for a year... now that's being spoilt :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts