BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi

After changing the injectors and coding them the engine is still a little rough. From the screen grab below injectors 2 and 4 are reading the RPM a little lower than 1 and 3.

Any ideas of what might be wrong?

I changed all the injectors in the car (e46 320d) over a year ago and now I'm finally getting around to coding them using INPA. The old injectors I took out had 6 digit codes on them but the new ones have 8 digit codes although the last two digits are a diffent size text so I simply ignored them and coded them using the first 6 only. I didnt know if INPA would take the new 8 digit code but I used to first 6 digits as I read on other forums that might work, it seams to have worked alright. The code on the injector pictured below is B7SXW162 which is coded as injector 3 as B7SXW1.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi

After changing the injectors and coding them the engine is still a little rough. From the screen grab below injectors 2 and 4 are reading the RPM a little lower than 1 and 3.

Any ideas of what might be wrong?

I changed all the injectors in the car (e46 320d) over a year ago and now I'm finally getting around to coding them using INPA. The old injectors I took out had 6 digit codes on them but the new ones have 8 digit codes although the last two digits are a diffent size text so I simply ignored them and coded them using the first 6 only. I didnt know if INPA would take the new 8 digit code but I used to first 6 digits as I read on other forums that might work, it seams to have worked alright. The code on the injector pictured below is B7SXW162 which is coded as injector 3 as B7SXW1.
I replaced some of my injectors recently, I'm going to try code them soon with inpa, but I've tried using launch diag and delphi and i haven't come right with that (the injectors were not successfully coded) and that's why I'm going to try inpa, injector 1 has an 8 digit code and the rest of the injectors have a 6 digit code, the injectors with the 6 digit codes i got from an X5 3l diesel, but they have exactly the same part number etc.. bosch number ends with 131 so not sure what to do to to successfully code the injectors
if anyone has insight to this problem please feel free to advise me 😁
injector 1 is one of the injectors that originally came with the car when i baught it in 2019
it's the e46 320d facelift

1 - 3 of 3 Posts