BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So ive been looking for a BMW 5 Series MSport. Im finding difficult to find one in Ireland for my budget that has everything i want. Two of the biggest things is cream Leather Seats and the Widescreen iDrive (CIC i think).

How Easy/Hard is it to replace these two items? so I could just buy an Msport and put in the seats later? I know the iDrive may not be possible or just too damn expensive but has anyone put in the seats themselves. I know a seat is usually just 4 bolts but these are heated seats so is it hard to wire.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Strava freak.
3,226 Posts
Not sure on the iDrive screen, but on the seats; I replaced the cloth seats in mine with leather ones. As you've said the mounting is indeed 4 bolts per seat but unless your replacing like for like in terms of functionality then the wiring will be different. What I ended up doing was taking the leather cover and cushioning off the donor seats and putting them on the frames of the original ones. Job done. Oh, the rear seats popped in easily.

·
Registered
57 Posts
To replace your existing m-ask to CiC will cost you a minimum 1000 euro in hardware +all this needs to be installed & coded, total bill of retrofit will be aprox 1500 euro if you will find some guru who will do it for you here, e60 up to 07 equips with mask & ccc units, from ?/2007 to 2011 same mask & CiC.
As an advise find the right car factory equipt with CiC as you will safe time & money. Cars with CCC units are pointless as there is no navi cd updates for them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure on the iDrive screen, but on the seats; I replaced the cloth seats in mine with leather ones. As you've said the mounting is indeed 4 bolts per seat but unless your replacing like for like in terms of functionality then the wiring will be different. What I ended up doing was taking the leather cover and cushioning off the donor seats and putting them on the frames of the original ones. Job done. Oh, the rear seats popped in easily.

Cheers for the pictures. The thing is that id be replacing the standard seats with msport seats so i wont be able to just replace cushioning because of the different bases.

What wiring could be different? Arent all the seats heated and have electronic controls for seat height and other adjustments?

Are you saying that you could get a car without the electronic adjustments and therefor wouldnt be able to add a seat with them?

How mush did it cost you to get the replacement seats?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK also didn't realize that there were partial electric seats and fully electric seats. So as far as i can see its easy to replace if you get similar seats. Am i right in saying that if i do get the correct seats they will still need to be coded?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.