BMW-Driver.net Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently bought a 06 520D E60. It just has the normal cd player. I've been looking around and found some CD changes for sale from the same model, and it includes the connection cable.

How easy or difficult is it to install this - I take it, it is installed into the boot somewhere?

Is the car prewired with the connections in place?

Thanks,

The Cuse

·
Registered
62 Posts
Enter the last 7 digits of your VIN here : bmwvin.com

If in the Code column you have S694A , then it is prewired.

Usually the E series have this prewired. The above will confirm.

It is not difficult to install it urself, but you will need to code your CAPPL unit to add provisions for CD changer.

E6x have it both in the glovebox and boot(need confirmation). E9x have it in the boot.

if you need any help with coding, let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks lads for your help.

The car is pre-wired so I think I'll pick one up.

Who is the best person around to programme the system for the CD changer?

·
2007 LCI E60 535d MSport
4,722 Posts
Thanks lads for your help.

The car is pre-wired so I think I'll pick one up.

Who is the best person around to programme the system for the CD changer?
Talk to Healyc.

Do you need to program in a CD changer? I didn't think you did?

·
Registered
1 Posts
e60 glovebox ipod connection not working

deepsrd,
just saw this post n sounds like u know ur stuff on this.

Iv got 2006 e60 520d msport that has ipod cable in the glove box but when I connect an ipod to it, the Bmw logo shows on the ipod and does nothing else? Any idea what the prob here is?

Iv also tried to use the aux in connection in the rear seat on the console which doesn't work either? Any idea if a special cable is needed or should standard cable do the job?

thanks,
Pete

·
More Senior Citizen :)
60 Posts
I had a CD changer in my 2008 E60 but changed it for a Dension 500 which was a direct replacement. The car was hard wired for the CD changer but Eddie from BMW Care obliged and coded the unit for me. I bought an 80G iPod off Fleabay for E30 which had a dud battery which is wired in to the Dension. I have 30G of music of every breed on the iPod. I have a USB flash drive I use every now and again with updated music which just plugs in to the Dension. I realised very quickly that the CD changer was still leaving the kids short on their music fixes!! For the extra money and comfort I would recommend the Dension or equivilant.

·
Registered
62 Posts
deepsrd,
just saw this post n sounds like u know ur stuff on this.

Iv got 2006 e60 520d msport that has ipod cable in the glove box but when I connect an ipod to it, the Bmw logo shows on the ipod and does nothing else? Any idea what the prob here is?

Iv also tried to use the aux in connection in the rear seat on the console which doesn't work either? Any idea if a special cable is needed or should standard cable do the job?

thanks,
Pete
The ipod will only show the logo, as it will be controlled by the idrive menu. It emulates the CD player, so it will be categorised as CD1, CD2 .. etc. for Playlists, Albums..
Select one of these options and you should be able to play..

Re, the aux port, it should work as a normal mp3 player, (analog audio via 3.5mm jack) as USB did not appear until 2007.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a CD changer in my 2008 E60 but changed it for a Dension 500 which was a direct replacement. The car was hard wired for the CD changer but Eddie from BMW Care obliged and coded the unit for me. I bought an 80G iPod off Fleabay for E30 which had a dud battery which is wired in to the Dension. I have 30G of music of every breed on the iPod. I have a USB flash drive I use every now and again with updated music which just plugs in to the Dension. I realised very quickly that the CD changer was still leaving the kids short on their music fixes!! For the extra money and comfort I would recommend the Dension or equivilant.
Dension is a very good option, but the price put me off.. But the best option for cars with old iDrive.
Am trying to retrofit 6FL (usb in armrest) and combox (6vc) for the same price .. :D

·
2007 LCI E60 535d MSport
4,722 Posts
Dension is a very good option, but the price put me off.. But the best option for cars with old iDrive.
Am trying to retrofit 6FL (usb in armrest) and combox (6vc) for the same price .. :D
That be a nice retro fit!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Deepsrd,

I tried to PM you about coding my iDrive for the 2nd hand CD changer I picked up tonight, but your mailbox is full.

You had mentioned in a reply to my post that you can help.

If you see this post, can you PM me.

Thanks,

Thecuse

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Deepsrd,

I tried to PM you about coding my iDrive for the 2nd hand CD changer I picked up tonight, but your mailbox is full.

You had mentioned in a reply to my post that you can help.

If you see this post, can you PM me.

Thanks,

Thecuse
Sorry, I only have space for 5 messages :mad:

Send me an email on [email protected] ..
Do send me the last 7 digits of your VIN and if possible, your FA.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts