BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting an ipod,iphone connector for my e46 coupe. It has a tape player with the 6cd changer in the boot. The car is 2004.

Does anyone have any idea what would be the best option. To be honest if anyone knows where to get a auxillary cable that will just plug into the headphone socket on my iphone, I would be happy enough with that.

Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a spare auxiliary input lead that plugs into the back of your radio in the socket for the cd changer, and the input jack can then be placed wherever you like on the dash/in glovebox etc. it was never used. I'll post a link to it online in the next hour to see if it's what you're looking for and if you're interested.

steve

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have a 6cd changer does it not just replace that facility. Ie the 6cd player no longer works because the input cable replaces it?
It might be possible to get an aftermarket cable to do that but the OEM cable plugs into a different socket than the cd changer. The aux function on the radio is only activated once the aux cable is plugged into the socket at the back of the radio.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Mad I ordered auxilary port with my 5 series in 2006 and was charged €300. You do have a few options nowadays especially with the E46. 1) you can go with an auxillary port cable 2) you can get a product called Dension from a comapny called JDM in Bray. This is a great product that you can see the playlists on your radio and use controls to play and skip music you can even get an ipod cradle. 3) Go buy a Parrot MKi9200 bluetooth car kit. This will let you use an iphone through your car speakers etc but nice little touch is it comes with 3 cables a) Ipod cable B) USB Cable and C) Auxillary port cable. This is a lovely piece of equipment I got one fitted last week by Halfords. It cost €212.00 for kit + €30.00 for wiring cable + €42.00 for installation, then I produced axa loyalty card and got all in for €232.00. I cant recomend it enough:) even shows the songs in the colour LED Screen

·
Registered
296 Posts
how much did it cost u ? might be interested :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts