BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small coolant leak on my 320d :( and for a change the expansion tank seems to be fine, but I've spotted a small few drops coming from the top right hand side of rad when hot.

And also a small bit has collected on the undertray.

So I'm pretty confident it's not expansion tank but the radiator.

Is there a guide, or is there anything I need to know when changing?

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
shes about to blow :D happened me just last month started at the side then the whole rad just packed it in , pick yourself up a radiator ,coolant and do the serpinetine belts while your there

if you google e46 radiator removal you should get a few guides

oh yes when your detaching the exspansion bottle from the tubing on the top of the rad be very careful i broke the nozzle on the expansion bottle when removing luckily i had another one within the hour

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shes about to blow :D happened me just last month started at the side then the whole rad just packed it in , pick yourself up a radiator ,coolant and do the serpinetine belts while your there

if you google e46 radiator removal you should get a few guides

oh yes when your detaching the exspansion bottle from the tubing on the top of the rad be very careful i broke the nozzle on the expansion bottle when removing luckily i had another one within the hour
Thanks Gar :)

Ya I'm picking up the rad later. How long did it take you to do?

·
Registered
358 Posts
there's a great cheap rad place near frank hogans mercedes garage in limerick. Picked up a new rad for the e36 for 120. He's on the limerick side of frank hogans

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and do the serpinetine belts while your there
Good point Gar, you'll never have as much space again, so I may as well.

How much did they set you back? Local motor factors ones ok for the job?

id say around 3-4 hrs at a leisurely pace it was lovely out and i was chatting more than working , breaking the exspansion bottle delayed me
Cool, I'm tackling it on Friday morning, it'll be my first bit of work on a BMW :eek:

Luckily the expansion tank seems pretty solid, I'll probably crack it on Friday :D

there's a great cheap rad place near frank hogans mercedes garage in limerick. Picked up a new rad for the e36 for 120. He's on the limerick side of frank hogans
Nice one, cheers Tommy. I picked up a brand new one yesterday from a good contact in Galway for €120 as well ;)

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
yep motor factors are fine bmw will just charge you mad money for the same thing i bought goodyear ones for 30 for both

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep motor factors are fine bmw will just charge you mad money for the same thing i bought goodyear ones for 30 for both
Cheers Gar. The local motor factors quote me 41 for both alternator and ac replacement belts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts