BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody looking forward to ITCC 2013? It starts in 6 weeks....

Some nice 3's driven by some very quick drivers!

PhilB in the always quick E36
Eric Holstein in the Watchie E36 M3
XXX in a WTCC spec E46 Saloon
Anon in an e36 evo
Will S54 man be out in his new E36GTR weapon for a round or 2?

It's shaping up to be all BMW at the front of the adult's class! The poor honda's wont see what way they went!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Should be a good season allright

I doubt S54 man will be out in ITCC with the GTR . I am actually making a new bespoke loom for the E36 GTR as we speak

The BMWs won't walk away from the Hondas round Mondello

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have to agree with Mark, the hondas are quick around mondello

Philb won't be out for the first round, Erik and xxx will be out. I dont know Anon on the list so cant say

Fiesta's are going ahead, AFAIK 20 cars already signed up for it. I will be out with them, thats if I ever get the car ready in time

·
Registered
255 Posts
Are we not allowed to mention Dave O Brien no ?

Id love to do a round or Two in the GTR but its not really suited to the itcc regs.
The main most costly point would be wheels, and tyres but there is also the issue of panles not matching the original and the Wing is mahoosive too so its a mile out of regs and its not a sprint car either, it wont be quick in mondello well not as quick as it will be on other flowing tracks wher the aero comes into its own.

Ill ask the Scrutineer when im down there and see what he thinks. It would be a shame not to race with a load of other M's.

The GT class is looking good but its going to be RT's all the way , Mc Bennet will be the only thing to compete with them.
The RT's are now unregulated so i would expect quicker lap times from them.

I have to say, im absolutly Strung out for a few laps.

Fiest'a might be entertaining but dead damn slow from what i hear. 1:22's .......z z z z z z z.......

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Are we not allowed to mention Dave O Brien no ?

Fiest'a might be entertaining but dead damn slow from what i hear. 1:22's .......z z z z z z z.......
I don't know if it's a secret or not but seeing as his name was not mentioned I was not going to

The fiesta's might be doing slow lap times but when you have 20 odd cars doing about the same times what difference does it make

·
Registered
255 Posts
:D
I don't know if it's a secret or not but seeing as his name was not mentioned I was not going to

The fiesta's might be doing slow lap times but when you have 20 odd cars doing about the same times what difference does it make

Names not mentioned on other sites either ??? I dunno. :confused: If every one knows who is buding the damn car and there are pictures of it on the net sure whats the big deal?

Im sure the fiesta will be great crack martin, and you will enjoy it, but it wont be long until your E36 is put to use.
IMO , Slow lap times are fine if your racing equal machinery ' granted' but you are well able to travelat a much quicker pace so you will get bored soon enough.

I could be wrong but i doubt it. :D

8,261 Posts
I doubt S54 man will be out in ITCC with the GTR . I am actually making a new bespoke loom for the E36 GTR as we speak
Savage :cool: :cool:

The BMWs won't walk away from the Hondas round Mondello
awful misconception that honda's are gonna be slower :D
Yeah was there yesterday few scoobys down and they could do nothing against them, BMW would fair little worse i would imagine. Fast hatch back no weight is where its at :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
It was xxx on octane or that new site and I didn't want to deviate from that!

The fastest Honda around Mondello was doing 1.54's and the fastest BMW was doing 1.52's. Thats why they wont see what way they went!
(BMW ±290bhp/ton versus the hondas at about ±250bhp/ton)
Not to forget the BMW's have more of a contact patch on 17's or 18's

1 - 20 of 66 Posts