BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome along B.

Whealans car is the one to beat allright. Its not easy beating a guy that has his own engine building company although im not sure where the limit is on the NA 2.0 unit. It must be near it, its quick.
You need to Coax Martin back in the sierra to spice things up a bit.
It will be interesting to see how it goes. BMW reliabilty has to play a big part too. They are one of the most reliable of all cars raced in ITCC thats for sure.
Tezza wont be slow either but iv no idea what they are like to handle compared to the E36's which are proven world wide or what power you plan to have.

What weight class will it be in B ?

but ye it should be great, even as a spectator :(
I won't be coaxing anyone mr Tracey knows where the entry form is and is more than welcome to fill it out and return it with the fee.

Altezza's Handel very well!! Lots if grip. The car will weigh ready to race less than 1000kg so with me and a bit of ballast in the right place it will be 1100 kg on the button. It should have around 250bhp. The engine will remain standard for the time being. There are a few options open on the engine side of things. Rotrex race kit with a C38-91 charger with the restrictor fitted will make 330bhp at the rear wheels on a standard engine. So 370 flywheel bhp. It all depends on how it goes this year. Gearing is the key to the Hondas and I've that end of things sorted!!
With the car being on the weight limit it should have its advantages around Mondello

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I won't be coaxing anyone mr Tracey knows where the entry form is and is more than welcome to fill it out and return it with the fee.

Altezza's Handel very well!! Lots if grip. The car will weigh ready to race less than 1000kg so with me and a bit of ballast in the right place it will be 1100 kg on the button. It should have around 250bhp. The engine will remain standard for the time being. There are a few options open on the engine side of things. Rotrex race kit with a C38-91 charger with the restrictor fitted will make 330bhp at the rear wheels on a standard engine. So 370 flywheel bhp. It all depends on how it goes this year. Gearing is the key to the Hondas and I've that end of things sorted!!
With the car being on the weight limit it should have its advantages around Mondello
Ok, but with the charger the minimum weight goes up to 1200?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
He had issues that weekend. DNF in Race 1 and DNS Race 2.
I think he ended up in the graveltrap on dunlop corner in the first race broke something and was out for the weekend.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Yep his gearbox broke in race 1 but not aware of any issues before that. He did not end up in the gravel trap that weekend, that was race 1 Leinster trophy. Well aware that his car is quick on inter.

·
Registered
255 Posts
How many have registered Brian or is it to early to ask ? the Usual Irish thing is to wait until the first race before doing any paper work, licence included :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
There is 12 registered with another 10 or so registering on Friday night. The rest will follow the usual trend I'm sure. Had contact form some abart drivers looking to race in the touring class as well so all is good!!

41 - 60 of 66 Posts