BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator - E46 M3
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rims, exhausts, tints to be on the no pass list of the NCT next year. As they make cars go too fast, and he is worried about the ever increasing boy racer culture.

Anyone else hear this ? I heard it on 2 radio stations this morning.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
quote: BLACKED-out windows and noisy engines will be banned from boy racer cars in the New Year as part of the revised National Car Test.

The announcement, which is expected to be made in the next two weeks by Transport Minister of State Ivor Callely, is the result of an interim report which studied new measures aimed at reducing traffic accidents and dealing with issues causing the public irritation.

In what is seen as a massive clampdown on boy racer cars, the new rules would fail cars with excessively noisy engines and certain models with double exhaust pipes.

Under current legislation cars are allowed to have blacked-out windows as long as the driver's window is clear glass. But under the new criteria, cars with any of the windows blacked-out would fail the test.

Minister Callely told a Joint Oireachtas Committee on Enterprise and Small Business yesterday that he had received the interim report and would be following up an number of recommendations in relation to how cars are tested, including a ban on cars with darkened windows and noisy engines.

A technical forum would also be set up to deal with issues and concerns from the public arising from the NCT review.
Am thinking limo tints here and real dodgy exhausts..

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm tired of hearing this on the radio all day. Another well thought out idea.....who votes for these idiots.

I heard the guy from Flush bush on TodayFM, he asked the minister if they would not be better using the resources to educate young people about driving, can't tell you the answer, but if it was "yes, what a good idea" i would have remembered.

No way this is gonna work, just another form of discrimination against a powerless minority.

Sorry but i hate this sort of shit.

www.bobs-shack.com
UUCMotorwerks & Forgeline wheels

·
Administrator - E46 M3
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its just an easy win for the government. Its far too difficult to sort out real problems, so a quick win, is a win none the less. I'd say the NCT are delighted, means way more failures for them, which means more retest fees :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts