BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 529 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the opportunity arose to upgrade recently, having sold the E92 320d. There was only one car for me this time around, the 335d.

First thing is the colour, it's Individual Atlantis Blue (Code 399) Definitely a head turner, and maybe not to everybody's taste, but I think its magnificent! It almost has its own mood, being a different shade in the dull than in the sunlight!

Next, the engine! Whilst the "purists" will say its only a diesel and not true to the original BMW mantra of being the ultimate driving machine, for me it has everything.
The twin turbo straight 6 is ultra smooth, producing next to no lag- its refined and comfortable. Change it to DS, and a quick shift of the paddles and theres endless power to play with (As a few on here will already be able to testify to).

Overall it's the perfect mix of economy and performance for me at this point. An m3 is still on the wishlist, but theres no rush yet as the 335d has everything I need and then some!

Onto the wheels, BMW Performance style 313's! The car originally sat on 225m's which thankfully had cracked so were replaced with these (as recently as 2 weeks before I purchased), and they really set off the car!

Finally, the to do list! Relitively short here!
  • I-pod integration Kit (from BMW)
  • Black Grills (from CDI)
  • Repaint previous, or buy new m3 lip spoiler
  • Winter Detail
  • Tax:(

Enjoy!

Big Thanks to Dave Curran for the excellent photos above!

·
2003 E39 525i
5,618 Posts
Fantastic car....I really really love it!

No picture ever taken of this colour ever seems to do it justice...its so different and as Brian says, it has its own mood, depending on the weather!

Change it to DS, and a quick shift of the paddles and theres endless power to play with (As a few on here will already be able to testify to)
Yeah...it gets down the road at a fairly decent rate! :p And when you get bored of the performance...theres always the option of a remap! That'll keep your interest for a while longer!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sweet jesus what a car, and what a colour!!

Very very jealous right now!

Reactions: kennedy

·
2007 LCI E60 535d MSport
4,722 Posts
Cracking!
As Brian has already said, the colour...... I see this car mosts days parked up while Brian is working and sometimes its blue, sometimes its green, but every time its stunning and a spec list to boot too!

well wear man :D

·
2007 LCI E60 535d MSport
4,722 Posts
Lovely colour and car overall. First e92 with iDrive that I've seen in Ireland. Finally someone didn't cheap out when buying it :) Then again it might be standard on a 335.
nope, its an optional extra too!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lovely colour and car overall. First e92 with iDrive that I've seen in Ireland. Finally someone didn't cheap out when buying it :) Then again it might be standard on a 335.
Cheers, Not the first time ive seen it- my sisters E93 320i has it. But it's not standard in them! Think it could be the highline spec- but I'm open to correction on that.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Unusual colour, I really like it & the fact that it wraps a beauty of a car is a massive bonus! The wheels are gorgeous too. Make sure you add fitment of a Tracker to your "to do" list given the theft of two 335d earlier this year much published on fora. I would hate to see another one go.

Also you should consider a Dension Gateway 500 instead of the BMW iPod integration.
Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Usual colour, I really like it & the fact that it wraps a beauty of a car is a massive bonus! The wheels are gorgeous too. Make sure you add fitment of a Tracker to your "to do" list given the theft of two 335d earlier this year much published on fora. I would hate to see another one go.

Also you should consider a Dension Gateway 500 instead of the BMW iPod integration.
Best of luck with it.
Make sure to debadge it then :)
and the dension is nicer since you got iDrive.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Lovely car. The wheels are alot better. The tax is amazing for a 3.0 :) Do these have an LSD ? I'd say it gets a bit hairy at times :D

1 - 20 of 529 Posts