BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to replace the LED bulbs on the rear Brake light of an E46.

Frank Keane says the whole thing has to be replaced @ €250.00.

How long are the LED;s suppose to last /??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the full brake light cluster,There are 3 Led's not working in the cluster, Rest are ok, They are the same for the indicators,

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Ugh - fairly certain thats a full replacement required. There a place in Germany that does them relatively cheaply though, have the link at home and will check it out for you John.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't sound right, I have to pop down to MR Duffy's in Finglas for them to have a look and see what they say, It couldn;t be possible that the whole thing has to replaced every time the bulbs go

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Joe Duffys will probably tell you that you need a new engine... :D

The Led's are all soldered in place from what I know - and the light cluster is a sealed unit. So you;d have to bake it to get it open.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SORTED<

went to mr duffy and the bulbs are suppose to last a lifetime. They agreed to submit a request to BMW and give me a new unit free of charge....

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Excellent - doubt the unit would seal correctly if they had to be opened up. Did they give you the new unit straight away, or do you ahve to wait for the request to be approved?

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
I would inmagine you will have to wait, I got loads done to my car but I had to wait for the request to come back,

Rich.

richie_rvf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts