BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads,

Just wondering which would be best for my 318ci sport 2004, I have 19inch bbs lm staggered (265/30/r19 on the rear) I don't want rubbing, was wondering which of the above would be better, the car looks raised since I put on the wheels so I want to lower it a bit especially the front. Running 235 on the front

Thanks

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I had 19" wheels on my 323ci lowered on h&r springs and it was
lower that the eibach and looked great.Had no rubbing.

·
Formally Jurrrr
3,327 Posts
I had 19" wheels on my 323ci lowered on h&r springs and it was
lower that the eibach and looked great.Had no rubbing.
I know the price of the Eibach ProKit, but what is the price of the H&R Kit- would prefare it lower than what the Eibach provides

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks great but im unsure if my lm's will fit in the arches if I drop the car that much. Ciaran I dont remeber your car being as low as the pics above, mabey I am wrong. The last thing I want is the problems I had with my old altezza catching the arches when I dropped it on ksport coilover and a fat pair of volk wheels.

I am thinking of playing it safe and going with the eibachs, by any chance does anyone have a pic of a coupe with msport suspension and a prokit fitted?

thanks

·
Next Season.....
3,258 Posts
Here is my old 323ci on H&R
Jazus John! I remember seeing that car around Portlaoise. Always looked really well :cool:

Hummmm H&R's.......

I am thinking of playing it safe and going with the eibachs, by any chance does anyone have a pic of a coupe with msport suspension and a prokit fitted?
Not a coupe but here's my M sport touring on Eibachs, might give you an idea of the drop.....

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
That looks great but im unsure if my lm's will fit in the arches if I drop the car that much. Ciaran I dont remeber your car being as low as the pics above, mabey I am wrong. The last thing I want is the problems I had with my old altezza catching the arches when I dropped it on ksport coilover and a fat pair of volk wheels.

thanks
It's low alright! ...and with a 265 tyre on a 19" rim your going to need to roll arches to do it properly on H&R. Eibach is a slightly smaller drop - but I suspect you'll still have clearance issues, so best get the arches rolled.

·
cleaned out
2,783 Posts
its very hard to roll the archs as they are reinforced they just flare them a little
..very little thou,,, its 15 euro a corner in east coast alloys in ardee,,,
you would be better putting a 225 tyre on the back and stretchin it

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
its very hard to roll the archs as they are reinforced they just flare them a little
..very little thou,,, its 15 euro a corner in east coast alloys in ardee,,,
you would be better putting a 225 tyre on the back and stretchin it
I've a 255 tyre, on a 9" rear rim with zero clearance issues width-ways but it is very close to arch lip - baby finger width! I suspect the 265 tyre will snag when lowered both width and then height due to the 19" rim (off the inner wheel arch)

No need for stretched 225's - apart from anything else, it looks pants :)

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Jazus John! I remember seeing that car around Portlaoise. Always looked really well :cool:

Hummmm H&R's.......

Thanks I was minded like a baby they was feck all e46 coupes
around back then and it started off as a bog standard se.
I fiteed a eibach kit into the m3 but was kinda sorry I did not fit H&R's
after I seen pics on the net.I am actually thing off buying another
m3(Daves :) ) if its still for sale when I sell the 535d.I got a offer on it on
Sunday.

·
Formally Jurrrr
3,327 Posts
Thread Resurection:eek:

Anyone know of a company in Dublin to supply and fit H&R springs?

What is the difference between the sport kit and the cup kit??

Ciars, whats on yours? I like that drop...

....also, can I actually fit the H&R's to my car with the existing shock set up (Standard NON-mSport) Seems to say here that it just suits M's??

·
E39 525i M-Sport
417 Posts
Thread Resurection:eek:

Anyone know of a company in Dublin to supply and fit H&R springs?

What is the difference between the sport kit and the cup kit??

Ciars, whats on yours? I like that drop...

....also, can I actually fit the H&R's to my car with the existing shock set up (Standard NON-mSport) Seems to say here that it just suits M's??
http://www.alloy-wheels.ie/

Reactions: GerH

·
cleaned out
2,783 Posts
I've a 255 tyre, on a 9" rear rim with zero clearance issues width-ways but it is very close to arch lip - baby finger width! I suspect the 265 tyre will snag when lowered both width and then height due to the 19" rim (off the inner wheel arch)

No need for stretched 225's - apart from anything else, it looks pants :)
ive mine on its knees and with 7mm spacers thats why i needed to stretch

1 - 20 of 20 Posts