BMW-Driver.net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently order a Eibach Pro Kit, I hated the gap on the front of my car.
This install was done on a E46 318ci m-sport but it is the same for the rest of the model range.

I only changed the springs in the front of my car as I believe the back is sitting perfect on the 19's and I dont want it any lower.

Result: Very happy with the new stance.

So

The gap

First jack up the car

My lug bolts required a 17 socket.

Using a breaker bar makes it a lot easier

Ensure the car is safe by putting a jack stand under, I did one side at a time

Your strut should look like this

You need to remove this bolt, from memory its a size 16

The bolt hold on your sway bar links

You will need a 16 spanner also to stop the bolt twisting inside the Link. I got away with using a 17 but 16 is the correct size

Push the link out of the way

Now remove the bolt at the back of the shock

Slide the disk assembly down and the shock should now be free

Undo the top bolts there is three of them size 13

The shock assembly should be removable then

Attach your spring compressors

There is a bolt at the top of the hat size 21, you must remove the plastic cover at the top of the strut to reveal it. Once the spring is compressed undo this bolt. There should be no tension on the bolt from the spring.

Eibach vs msport spring

Then reverse above instructions and re-install the shock assembly ensuring you place the disk assemble back to the same height on the shock. A alignment test is recommended. Get this done by a garage with laser equipment.

I am not responsible for any injury you may cause to yourself, this is only a guide to help BMW driver members.

More photos of car finished stance to come once the springs have settled.

·
BMW new guy
1,185 Posts
Just finished now cheers.
With the back it wasn't opening up enough so I couldn't get it out....forgot the handbreak was on so it was grand once that disengaged

The front ARB thing is a pain in that arse too haha

Luckily I did ye swap as the rear drive side was broken which I didn't notice as it.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Can you buy a pro kit with just the front springs? I'm lookin' to lower just the front of the e36, I have OEM M3 convertible sprigs I the rear that I bought new last year & I don't want to lower the rear any more than it is.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Can you buy a pro kit with just the front springs? I'm lookin' to lower just the front of the e36, I have OEM M3 convertible sprigs I the rear that I bought new last year & I don't want to lower the rear any more than it is.
wont the spring rates be different?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
It's not recommended, different designs really- oem aren't progressive springs are they? Id be surprised if there was any damage done though having said that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts